• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post-judgement Interogatory on a settled agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justaguywithaq

I'm in Georgia

I'll try to make this succinct. So back in 2009, my ex sued me for some joint debts we had had when we were married. She won. In 2011, I was in a bad place financially and filed for bankruptcy...it was denied. Before filing, I drafted an agreement between the ex and I so that she would be guaranteed to recoup at least some of what I owed her. It contained very specific language about how much was to be paid, how often, what would happen if I defaulted and what was required of her when the contract was satisfied (namely file with the court that the original suit from 2009 was fulfilled). She signed and we had it notarized. I paid on it for several years and satisfied the terms of the agreement without fail or flaw several months ago. She never followed through and notified the court that the 2009 case had been settled as was prescribed in the agreement, but I never really thought or worried about it. Then a couple days ago, I received a post judgement interrogatory in the mail...apparently she is challenging the validity of the agreement now that the payments have ended. I guess I'm interested to know if she has a case and if she's actually entitled to the info shes asking for in the interrogatory (assets, creditors, debts, bank account numbers).

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">