• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential (primarily civil, I expect) liabilities - New York State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyceum

What is the name of your state? New York is relevant here.

--

Good day,

I write with an inquiry regarding concerns, including possible existing and continuing civil liabilities, as well as other potential dangers of any kind whatever, that may have resulted from crimes committed by a dear friend as a youth of 17-18. The transgressions were committed during his residency in Long Island, NY, though he now resides in Florida; the timeframe was 1990-1991, certainly no later than 1992 -- so criminal issues are likely no longer relevant.

Any leads you might provide would be appreciated! Thank you.

Lyceum

lyceum

Hi there,

He left the state for unrelated reasons, to attend college in Massachusetts -- then returning to New York for several years -- then in 2004, relocating to Florida. None of his departures from New York state were informed by any concern relating to his transgressions.

The incidents occurred no later than 1992; as murder was not among his crimes, I expect that all relevant statutes of limitation have expired, so criminal liability is likely not an issue. Nevertheless, he is seeking to determine, given certain prospects now before him that may result in substantial wealth in the coming year and years -- any potential civil or other liabilities at all that may continue to exist. In addition, he would like to be able to pursue other values, e.g., a wife, with full confidence that nothing will have the potential to separate him from her.

As far as the particular details of his acts -- I am reluctant to disclose them on a public message board! Even given relative anonymity. I would prefer to secure an attorney, to whom full restrictions regarding confidentiality will apply, and supply him with all the details I am able to provide. Any leads in this respect would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lyceum

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">