• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PPO/Restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jroyalty83

What is the name of your state?Michigan

What happens if a lawyer goes against the judges order? In this case, a PPO was filed against me for DV. It was a BS PPO so i took it to court to get it removed. She changed her story 3-4 times on the stand, lied and none of her witness's told the same story. They never made it to my witness's and her lawyer offered a restraining order to just drop the ppo. I accepted so that the PPO would be dropped from my record (i personaly dont care to ever see her ever again and wouldnt mind an open ended restraining order toward her and me) so I can persue my career in Law Enforcement. The judge said my lawyer was to write up the restraining order to reflect some of the PPO, it was not to be left open ended it was to end the 10th of december, and that the PPO was to be dropped 10 days after the court hearing. My lawyer sent the restraining order write up to her lawyer and he rejected it, he then sent a restraining order to my lawyer which was the exact same thing the PPO had said and he left it open ended. The judge said we were to go on w/ our lives, the restraining order that has been wrote up states that i cannot return to the university to continue my study's, it does not have some of the things the judge ordered in it such as - if she feels im breakin the restrainin order she is to bring the evidence to the judge and he will decide wether or not to have me arrest (per judges order). There cannot be a criminal charge because of evidence I submitted to the Prosecuting attorney who told me that there was nothing to go on after the evidence i gave and that the file would just show that i was investigated and nothing found and closed.
I have evidence showing she purjered herself on the stand, is there any way i can get her for this?
Do I have to sign this order?
Is there something I can do because he isnt following the judges orders?
How does this all work?

S

seniorjudge

Q: I have evidence showing she purjered herself on the stand, is there any way i can get her for this?
A: I thought you wanted nothing more to do with her. Well, anyway, if you think a crime has been committed, make a police report.

Q: Do I have to sign this order?
A: No, but the judge will.

Q: Is there something I can do because he isnt following the judges orders?
A: If you feel that the order was not what was agreed to at the hearing then you need to insist to your lawyer that you must go back into court to make sure you get the order y'all agreed to.

Q: How does this all work?
A: About like you wrote in your post...poorly.

Jroyalty83

seniorjudge said:
Q: Do I have to sign this order?
A: No, but the judge will.
The papers were sent to me to be signed, if i dont sign them do mean that the judge will and can the restraining order be put in place if i dont sign it?
And can the judge change what her lawyer wrote on the restraining order before or after he signs it?

S

seniorjudge

Q: The papers were sent to me to be signed, if i dont sign them do mean that the judge will and can the restraining order be put in place if i dont sign it?
A: It is possible. That is why you MUST communicate with your lawyer to tell him the order is not what you agreed to in court.

Q: And can the judge change what her lawyer wrote on the restraining order before or after he signs it?
A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">