• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre trial notice and order ???????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gayle246

What is the name of your state? MA
I have just disscharged my lawyer. I went to court when she withdrew, and the judges secretary handed me a pre trial notice and order. My first question is, is this order requested for all trials? I was suppose to be in Court on 2/11 for a modification to custoday. It was moved to 3/18.
I went to the court on 2/17 would all this information from both lawyers be in my file? Thanks, I am so confused as you can probably see.

JETX

gayle246 said:
the judges secretary handed me a pre trial notice and order. My first question is, is this order requested for all trials?
Please hold this order up to the screen so that we can read it.

Okay, a little closer.

Just a little closer.......

Okay.....
Yep, got it. The answer is no.

I went to the court on 2/17 would all this information from both lawyers be in my file?
What is 'all'??

gayle246

Didn't know that all pre trial notices were different............

That would probably be why I am asking the question. So where are they? They need to be given to the court 5 days in advance and the hearing for the 11th wasn't requested to be moved unitl the 10th. Sorry, I didn't tell you what was on it, I figured it was pretty standard.

gayle246

Stupid remarks

I really think they should tell you before you go on this site that most of the answers are just crap! People making fun of people and answering wisely. If I were an attorney, I wouldn't be asking now would I?

JETX

gayle246 said:
I really think they should tell you before you go on this site that most of the answers are just crap! People making fun of people and answering wisely. If I were an attorney, I wouldn't be asking now would I?
I think the key to your entire situation is in your original post, where you said: 'I have just disscharged my lawyer."
You clearly do not have the knowledge or ability to pursue this matter pro per, so now are trying to rely on an online FREE legal advice forum to try to interpret some document that we can't read.... and have NO knowledge of your case or where it stands. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, huh??

Take your case and ALL the documents and evidence to a local attorney who can review your case and concerns, and provide accurate legal assistance.

gayle246

Once again a big thanks.

I don't need some idiot telling me I don't understand, probably why I am asking questions. I have hired a new lawyer, have an appointment tomorrow. Trying to understand why certain things aren't in my file, since I should have been in court a week and a half ago. If I couldn't make myself clear, that would probably be why I am not doing this myself and asking questions so I am not taken in by another lawyer who is in it for the almighty dollar. I wish I was getting paid what I paid this attorney, for all the time I have spent during and after I had fired her.

Alias_joe

chill gayle~

Read your own post ;)

Now-

Pre-trial. See what it says. Is this more like a get-together than a hearing?

Are you going to try and settle here? (doubtful now that you have no attorney)

Go to legal aide/DHR (whatever it's called there) and where you are really at.

child support?
custody?

What are the issues?

Don't mss court even if you are only going to whine that you are trying to get a lawyer- ask for a contenuance if need be.

good luck
:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">