• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sevenout77

What is the name of your state?FL
I am filing a law suit against a judge for a violation of my 14th amendment rights, amongst other reason. Seeing as how I am suing a judge, I am pro se. My cousin is a paralega, can she help me with the case, seeing as how she is not a lawyer. I know she can not litigate the case or represent me, what I am asking is, if she can help me with all aspects of the case, except physically arguing the case.

You Are Guilty

sevenout77 said:
What is the name of your state?FL
I am filing a law suit against a judge for a violation of my 14th amendment rights, amongst other reason. Seeing as how I am suing a judge, I am pro se. My cousin is a paralega, can she help me with the case, seeing as how she is not a lawyer. I know she can not litigate the case or represent me, what I am asking is, if she can help me with all aspects of the case, except physically arguing the case.
For the most part, no. Offering advice and assistance of the type you seek would likely constitute "unauthorized practice of law".

M

meganproser

if she can help me with all aspects of the case, except physically arguing the case

Of course she can. She can work for you the same way she would work for a member of the Bar. You are free to outsource as much of your work as you like. You can also purchase the “unbundled” services of an attorney.

Keep records of how many hours your cousin works for you because you may be able to recover the cost of her services if you win the case.

Good luck!

You Are Guilty

meganproser said:

if she can help me with all aspects of the case, except physically arguing the case

Of course she can. She can work for you the same way she would work for a member of the Bar. You are free to outsource as much of your work as you like. You can also purchase the “unbundled” services of an attorney.

Keep records of how many hours your cousin works for you because you may be able to recover the cost of her services if you win the case.

Good luck!
Ah, no. Anything requiring legal analysis, such as drafting a motion or filling out a form, would fall into the "things a paralegal can't do" category.

M

meganproser

Actually YAG, neither of us gave OP a very good answer. You implied the paralegal is VERY limited in what she can do and I implied the opposite.

This part of my post was completely incorrect: “She can work for you the same way she would work for a member of the Bar.”

A paralegal is permitted to draft documents for any attorney who hires her to do so. A Pro Se cannot hire a paralegal to draft documents for him directly...there would have to be an attorney involved. Thus, the Pro Se cannot delegate as much work to the paralegal as an attorney can.

Sevenout, a better answer to your question is that a paralegal ought to be aware of and adhering to her own State’s laws regarding the practice of law.

You should be asking your cousin for a breakdown of what she is prepared to do to assist you ;) and an estimate of how much work that will leave for you to do.

Para-dicy my TOY! Always a pleasure to see you. :D

Shay-Pari'e

Actually, YAG was correct and you were incorrect.

Now let me reply to your comment about me being your toy.I'm obviously not a real toy to you, but if you need to imagine me, feel free. All I ask is that you respect my double in the morning.

You get stranger with every post.

M

meganproser

Of course you are my real toy. At least your posts seem to be real and they are the fun part. :cool:

I know I can't be imagining your posts :eek: because there are too many spelling and grammatical errors that defy imagination! hehehe jk

Para-dicy you love me and you know it! :D

Shay-Pari'e

meganproser said:
Of course you are my real toy. At least your posts seem to be real and they are the fun part. :cool:

I know I can't be imagining your posts :eek: because there are too many spelling and grammatical errors that defy imagination! hehehe jk

Para-dicy you love me and you know it! :D
Sorry to burst your bubble. I honestly think you are a mental patient locked up. Do they really give you guys computer time?

The world is just not safe from people like you.

Shay-Pari'e

meganproser said:

I know I can't be imagining your posts :eek: because there are too many spelling and grammatical errors that defy imagination! hehehe jk Really,.........Where?

Count 5 members of this forum that like and respect your answers. I won't hold my breath.

WAITING.

M

meganproser

Uh oh. I see you are about to lose it again. I'm signing off before cbg shows up and starts talking about the woodshed again. Nighty nite my TOY. :D :D :D :D :D

Shay-Pari'e

meganproser said:
Uh oh. I see you are about to lose it again. I'm signing off before cbg shows up and starts talking about the woodshed again. Nighty nite my TOY. :D :D :D :D :D
Statements like this are always funny to me. You see, you refuse to back up your mouth, and when you can't....this is your tactic.

(I am still left to wonder if you got a knock out Barbie doll and put my screen name on her)....You should try some real life actual toy's, because this one doesn't play with you.

Veronica1228

--PARIDISE-- said:
Statements like this are always funny to me. You see, you refuse to back up your mouth, and when you can't....this is your tactic.

(I am still left to wonder if you got a knock out Barbie doll and put my screen name on her)....You should try some real life actual toy's, because this one doesn't play with you.
Paridise my sister, this is why I love you!!! I am still waiting for an apology from Megan because of her (unwarranted) attack on me last weekend, but I won't hold my breath. It is because of things like this that she can't name those 5 members you asked for. Luckily, you and I don't have that problem. ;)

M

meganproser

Ronnie: Perhaps you didn’t catch what I meant by my last sentence in what you call my “attack”. You should refrain from the unqualified use of “us or we” when expressing YOUR opinion to OP’s. Others may not mind you speaking for them, but I do.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=935008#post935008

Veronica wrote: "If you don't believe us then take this to your attorney and ask him/her" and later wrote, "He asked for advice, we gave him advice"

“Don’t believe US?” “WE gave him advice?” Veronica you and Insane each posted to this thread 13 times and neither of you offered a word of original, legitimate information regarding OP’s concerns.

In fact Ronnie, in the few posts where you DID address the unfailingly polite OP’s concerns, you made it a point to insult and demean him. Don’t try to put yourself in the same category as those who have tried to answer his question or advise him.

Veronica1228

meganproser said:
Ronnie: Perhaps you didn’t catch what I meant by my last sentence in what you call my “attack”. You should refrain from the unqualified use of “us or we” when expressing YOUR opinion to OP’s. Others may not mind you speaking for them, but I do.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=935008#post935008

Veronica wrote: "If you don't believe us then take this to your attorney and ask him/her" and later wrote, "He asked for advice, we gave him advice"

“Don’t believe US?” “WE gave him advice?” Veronica you and Insane each posted to this thread 13 times and neither of you offered a word of original, legitimate information regarding OP’s concerns.

In fact Ronnie, in the few posts where you DID address the unfailingly polite OP’s concerns, you made it a point to insult and demean him. Don’t try to put yourself in the same category as those who have tried to answer his question or advise him.
Hmmm...that doesn't sound like an apology to me, but as I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Meggie, I will never understand why you want to be nasty to regulars on the board, but that's your issue. I will not lose any sleep over it, and luckily you and I don't cross paths very often. Just do me the courtesy of calling me by my name which is VERONICA, not Ronnie.

The only person who ever called me Ronnie was my brother who died in 1997 of cancer, so thanks for bringing that up. I appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">