• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with my Car Insurance Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cibernescu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I have a problem with my Car Insurance Company. I had a car accident on 11/13/08 and they want to declare my car (2001 Toyota Camry V6) a total loss. The car has only the rear fender and the rear bumper hit in the passenger side.
The car is drivable, the engine and transmission are perfect and weren't touched. The car is in a great condition; I bought it new and never had an accident or problem.
Whom I can ask for help when the insurance company, I paid for many years without having any claims, wants to make money off me now when I got to have a problem?
When they told me the value of my car (as to be replaced) they said the car is old with high mileage.
When I asked to buy the car back from them and fix it on my own they told me that it is expensive and in a big demand because everybody knows what a good car a Toyota is.
We are talking about the same exact car!!! in different circumstances.
Do I have any way of defending myself against these predators?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

moburkes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I have a problem with my Car Insurance Company. I had a car accident on 11/13/08 and they want to declare my car (2001 Toyota Camry V6) a total loss. The car has only the rear fender and the rear bumper hit in the passenger side.
The car is drivable, the engine and transmission are perfect and weren't touched. The car is in a great condition; I bought it new and never had an accident or problem.
Whom I can ask for help when the insurance company, I paid for many years without having any claims, wants to make money off me now when I got to have a problem?
When they told me the value of my car (as to be replaced) they said the car is old with high mileage.
When I asked to buy the car back from them and fix it on my own they told me that it is expensive and in a big demand because everybody knows what a good car a Toyota is.
We are talking about the same exact car!!! in different circumstances.
Do I have any way of defending myself against these predators?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
1. Salvage. Buy the vehicle back from the insurance company.
2. Arbitration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">