• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem serving court papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Penny12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I brought a case against a person who signed a contract to perform a home remodeling work for my house and left with the initial payment. The court failed to serve the papers to the defendant by US mail. I hired a process server company to deliver the papers. They also failed to deliver. Now what are my options to ensure that the case has its day in the court. Your valued suggestions are highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I brought a case against a person who signed a contract to perform a home remodeling work for my house and left with the initial payment. The court failed to serve the papers to the defendant by US mail. I hired a process server company to do deliver the papers. Now what are my options to ensure that the case has its day in the court. Your valued suggestions are highly appreciated.
What is your question?
The court doesn't serve the person...that is YOUR responsibility. You do that by hiring the process service company - which you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">