• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Production of Documents - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vicki Estrada

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am the Plaintiff in a civil case in Los Angeles County, in pro per. The Judge ordered the Defendant to produce documents in re her financial condition. She only produced partial documents. I gave her an extra month to come up with the balance of her responses to no avail. Please advise what Motions or documents I should file next. It's obvious she has no intention of either paying this Judgment or producing discovery documents. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ronin

Please delete your adjacent post that has no questions in it.

Refrain from putting private persons names on this public forum and publicly calling them liars. You are way out of line doing this in the context of the questions you ask. Its not a good legal position to place yourself in, and won't give folks here much faith in your judgment or ability as a pro se.

Last edited:

CourtClerk

Especially since I could very easily find the defendant and send her a link to this post....

not a good idea or you'll find yourself as the defendant in the next lawsuit.

Vicki Estrada

Thank you for the advice and I went ahead and edited her name out of the post as you suggested. I don't truly understand the problem in that her name as the Judgment Debtor is a matter of public record . . . further, it's already been proven in Court that she's a liar. Regardless, I did as you requested. Could you please advise me on what to do if a Defendant will not comply with the Court order. I could bring her in again for another Compel Production but, as she has demonstrated at least 4 or 5 times already, she simply will not produce the documents. Is there a Motion for Contempt of Court or something similar? I just don't know what to do. Have been fighting this since 2007. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

In your motion did you name a specific list or specific titles of the documents you were requesting so that anyone could understand what you were asking for or is it ambiguously worded? Don't you have an attorney whom you can discuss this with?

Vicki Estrada

Thank you for your response, Dandy Don, and yes, the questions were spelled out specifically and to the satisfaction of the Court. At the last Hearing the Judge ordered the Defendant to send the Court the documents I requested, as well as to me. She's disrespected both of us once again. I've had a Judgment against this Defendant since 2007 and this is the 5th or 6th time I've asked for documents in that she keeps transferring and concealing assets, pulling hundreds of thousands of dollars out of her bank accounts/switching bank accounts to avoid levy, etc., etc. She will NOT comply. Instead of having another Production hearing (where she probably won't even appear), I'd like to just try something new, i.e. a Motion for Contempt of Court or something, but I'm not sure what would be most effective.

And, yes, I have scads of attorneys that have advised me over the course of this litigation but since they're old Army buddies, they refuse to charge me. I'm trying to wing it on my own because I don't like to mooch that way. If there is a charge for your advice on this matter, I'd be happy to pay you for the consultation. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">