• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

promissory note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
i drew up a promissary note,to sublease my car with a person with whom I was in a relationship with.(purchase not a lease) unaware that this is not legally binding in the state of Georgia. I now realize that I now in breach of contract with my lien holder as well. I have made attempts to get the car back, however the person that has the car refuses coorperate.
What legal rights do I have. I would like to repossess my car, how do I go about doing this.

Last edited:

latigo

I'M GOING TO HIJACK THE CAR TO GET IT BACK!
Instead of compounding your orginal foolishness why don't you see if the fiance company will repossess the vehicle?

Even if you end up losing the vehicle it would be better than having it on the streets with you vicariously responsible for any property damage and/or personal injuries resulting from its permissive use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">