• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order from Hell!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr. wilson

What is the name of your state?Virginia. My wife took me to court last year for a legal separation. You know, I think that was the separation hearing. My god I've forgotten. Anyway we'd had a fight a couple of months prior. When her lawyer questioned her reguarding this incident, she told the judge that I had flown into a violent rage and begun to hit her and well, beat hell out of her. Unfortunately, I did become angry and hit her several times. However, she failed to mention the beating that I had taken, I mean stood and let her hit me at least until she started using projectiles. I had not raised a hand against my wife in 18 yrs. of marriage. I'll never forgive myself for giving in to my own anger. My wife on the other hand, had been doing this to me more & more frequently. I never told a sole until court that day. I told the judge the whole thing. she denied ever having touched me and said that she & the kids were frightened of me. The judge said there shall be no contact between the parties of any kind. The two of us habitually broke this order countless times over the course of the year. I began to think that everything was gonna be fine. We were going to the kids ball games together. Visiting each other at home, and even had sex together. A week later, (about 3 mos. ago) I had left my cell phone at her house. I didn't call ahead, no phone. I got there, met her boyfriend, went nuts and beat him bloody in her living room. No Police were called. Another month goes by. My wife has stopped talking to me, on the phone or otherwise. One night after work, the police are at my door with a warrant. Violation of the no contact. Went to jail posted bond then went home. I had been to her house so many times that , well I couldn't tell ya. And she to mine. 1 wk. later they came & took me for another violation. This time, the warrant said recommend held without bond until hearing. I was livid. This time I had called her house. That was the contact. I talked the magistrate into posting a bond. I was out. The following week I was arrested again. This time a capias. I was given a card with the wrong court date on it. In the mean time I'm losing my mind. I am still trying, at this point, to find out what is the matter. Why is she doing this. I began getting calls from her. turns out she has a new boyfriend. the sex is awsome she says. My god, I was furious. I cooled off & decided that she was baiting me. She wants me in jail in the worst way. The police here gave Rhonda a cell phone to use if she was being threatened by me. This was when we had been to court originally. On one of her visits, she left that phone at my apt. she had gotten one of the kids to call me asking for it. Couldn't be found. She really needed it, the jail wanted it back. 2 wks. before Thanksgiving 15th I think. I found that phone. I decided to take it to her work. (LOWES). I called that morn. stupidly & told her I needed to come by for some material and give her the phone. I was going to give the phone to another employee to give to her. Ya see I'm smart. I got out of jail on Dec.13. Pleaded guilty to 2 counts of the violation. 10 days each time served and a further 2 yrs. of the protective order. She told the judge as I sat there in my prison stripes & leg irons, that she feared for her life. Besides my fight with my wife over a year ago and the one with the boyfriend the last fight or even slightly violent situation that I was in,occurred in 1978. I was 12 y/o. This situation is ridiculous. My mother has to call her to set up a time my kids need picked up or dropped off for my visitation. Back when all this was new and we were getting along. She asked me for full custody of our children. She told me that she had talked to a woman at social services and was told if we shared custody they would lose they're medicaid. My response, Ok sweetheart. I know you'll never keep me from seeing my children. You see I suffer from chronic idiocy (spell check). I saw my son and daughter for the 1st time in nearly 4 mos. for 1hr.30min. Christmas night. I have filed for joint custody now by the way. People say, why did you give her custody? Why didn't you swear out a warrant for her violating? 1st cause I have been married to her for 18 yrs. I trusted her. 2nd I didn't have the heart to have put in jail. Can anybody help?

S

seniorjudge

"I am still trying, at this point, to find out what is the matter."

Re-read your own post.

Slowly.

Carefully.

Pay attention to every word.

The answer to your every question lies therein.

M

meganproser

There are some forums on line for divorced fathers. You might benefit from reading through some of those discussions so that you don't continue to learn everything the hard way.

Also, when you write a long post, it is easier for others to read it if you start a new paragraph every few lines. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">