• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pti firearm retrieval n civil rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BiggChillyWilly

Sanford, Florida

(Please, Need Help)
This is a long story so please read carefully. I will explain the ENTIRE SITUATION

As of December 1, 2015 I am 22 years of age. This situation occurred November 15, 2014. Two weeks before my 21st B-DAY. With that being said, this is what happened.

One Friday night in Sanford, Florida I was walking across the highway
when a police officer doing a high rate of speed, passes in front of me, almost running me over, responding to a call. I watched (SPD) Sanford Police Department pull into a gas station and a guy run off, and a foot chase insued. I kept walking. Moments later another police officer stopped me. He approached me and asked for my I.D. Respectfully I gave it to him. I then asked him what was going on. He gave me a strange look and never said anything. He then walked back to his car and called for backup. Backup arrives. He then runs my name and me never being in trouble I was clean. He told me I was clear and never gave me back my I.D. I then asked a second time, what's going on. The primary officer again doesn't say anything (TERRY COP STOP). He talks with the other officers and then ask me if he can search me. Due to my circumstances I politely declined the search. I ask a third time, what's going on. Again the officers say nothing. So I basically (on the fly) had to piece together from the officers walkie talkie that a robbery occurred down the street from where I was. Moments later a description of the suspect comes in. The description was black male (light skinned, 5'7", 160lbs, low haircut, black jumpsuit). OK. I'm BLACK MALE (dark skinned, 6'2", 230, long dreads, light colored clothes). The police clear as day can see that I didn't match the description. All the officers approach with the primary officer who initially made contact with me, standing behind me, and the backup officers in front of me. He then told me to put my hands up. I put my hands up and asked why? Instantly the backup officer in front of me shines his flashlight into my face while the primary officer begins to pat me down. Keep in mind that I already declined the search. Once the primary officer didn't feel anything the backup officer reached into my waistband area and snatched my gun from my waist. Immediately the primary officer begins to violently twist and fold my arm behind my back while his second hand was placed on my head. He then tries to sweep my leg and slam me face first into solid concrete. Due to my size advantage I was able to stop myself from being slammed. When I got loose from the officers death, EVERY officer at the scene had drawn their on me 100% ready to kill me. I then without resistance got on the ground without any problems. I was cuffed, placed on the sidewalk and told I was being detained. Moments later the VICTIM arrives to identify me. The victim over 10 times told the police that I wasn't involved. They kept trying to coax the victim into saying that I was guilty of robbery. The victim upheld his statement. They then showed the victim my firearm to I.D it in the robbery. The victim told the police that the robber had a big caliber, large frame, chrome, revolver. I carried a compact, black, semi auto, 9mm. Completely opposite. The Captain now shows up to the scene. They explain to him that I didn't commit the crime but I do have a gun on me. The police then tell me that I was going to jail for a stolen firearm. I told him that my gun isn't stolen. He didn't believe me because I was 20. (He had officers run serial number). He the asked how did I get it. I told him private deal with a bill of sale (Florida law completely legal). He then asked why did I have it. I told him for protection because I live in a rough neighborhood with a lot of shootings and armed robberies, and I didn't want to be a victim (can you blame me). (Point proven, robbery down the street from me). The primary officer come over and tells him my gun was legally registered to me. ALL THE OFFICERS at the scene gets mad because I never did anything. The officer then tells me "your still going to jail anyways". I was booked, (charged with carrying concealed firearm 3rd degree felony). I was told that I was facing 5 years prison. BUTTTTTT**************. THAT'S NOT ALL. I then received my police and noticed it was inaccurate. SPD lied and withheld information. It never mentioned my firearm was legally bought and legally registered, never mentioned that I declined the search after I identified myself (ILLEGAL SEARCH), never mentioned that I didn't match the description and never turned in my I.D. to property. The only thing they did put was the victim said that I didn't commit the crime but they worded the report to make it seem like the victim was unsure. Yeah crazy right. Facing 5 years for carrying a legal gun without ccw, rights being violated, and lied on. Well long story short I ended serving from Nov 15 - Jan 13. ROR on PTI (PRETRIAL DIVERSION) for a year. Part of my pretrial condition is to forfeit my firearm. Now 11 months later and over $1,000 spent, I have a little over 3 weeks until I'm finished. Charge dropped, lesson learned.

So now that you know the ENTIRE SITUATION, I know once I complete PTI, I can legally own and posses firearms again, and I'm planning on getting my ccw.

So my question is when I go to court January 6th will or how would I be able to receive my forfeited firearm back from Sanford Police Department. I never got a property sheet from SPD, but I do still have the original bill of sale with all my gun info. If this is enough can you please HELP me with my next step. Keep in mind, I never committed the robbery and my firearm was legal.

PS: I know it's been a year but is it anything that I can do about SPD. My life was in danger when they almost shot me. My civil rights was violated and my life was almost ruined due to SPD mishandling my report. This isn't the first time and case where SPD has done this.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Just Blue

Sanford, Florida

(Please, Need Help)
This is a long story so please read carefully. I will explain the ENTIRE SITUATION

As of December 1, 2015 I am 22 years of age. This situation occurred November 15, 2014. Two weeks before my 21st B-DAY. With that being said, this is what happened.

One Friday night in Sanford, Florida I was walking across the highway
when a police officer doing a high rate of speed, passes in front of me, almost running me over, responding to a call. I watched (SPD) Sanford Police Department pull into a gas station and a guy run off, and a foot chase insued. I kept walking. Moments later another police officer stopped me. He approached me and asked for my I.D. Respectfully I gave it to him. I then asked him what was going on. He gave me a strange look and never said anything. He then walked back to his car and called for backup. Backup arrives. He then runs my name and me never being in trouble I was clean. He told me I was clear and never gave me back my I.D. I then asked a second time, what's going on. The primary officer again doesn't say anything (TERRY COP STOP). He talks with the other officers and then ask me if he can search me. Due to my circumstances I politely declined the search. I ask a third time, what's going on. Again the officers say nothing. So I basically (on the fly) had to piece together from the officers walkie talkie that a robbery occurred down the street from where I was. Moments later a description of the suspect comes in. The description was black male (light skinned, 5'7", 160lbs, low haircut, black jumpsuit). OK. I'm BLACK MALE (dark skinned, 6'2", 230, long dreads, light colored clothes). The police clear as day can see that I didn't match the description. All the officers approach with the primary officer who initially made contact with me, standing behind me, and the backup officers in front of me. He then told me to put my hands up. I put my hands up and asked why? Instantly the backup officer in front of me shines his flashlight into my face while the primary officer begins to pat me down. Keep in mind that I already declined the search. Once the primary officer didn't feel anything the backup officer reached into my waistband area and snatched my gun from my waist. Immediately the primary officer begins to violently twist and fold my arm behind my back while his second hand was placed on my head. He then tries to sweep my leg and slam me face first into solid concrete. Due to my size advantage I was able to stop myself from being slammed. When I got loose from the officers death, EVERY officer at the scene had drawn their on me 100% ready to kill me. I then without resistance got on the ground without any problems. I was cuffed, placed on the sidewalk and told I was being detained. Moments later the VICTIM arrives to identify me. The victim over 10 times told the police that I wasn't involved. They kept trying to coax the victim into saying that I was guilty of robbery. The victim upheld his statement. They then showed the victim my firearm to I.D it in the robbery. The victim told the police that the robber had a big caliber, large frame, chrome, revolver. I carried a compact, black, semi auto, 9mm. Completely opposite. The Captain now shows up to the scene. They explain to him that I didn't commit the crime but I do have a gun on me. The police then tell me that I was going to jail for a stolen firearm. I told him that my gun isn't stolen. He didn't believe me because I was 20. (He had officers run serial number). He the asked how did I get it. I told him private deal with a bill of sale (Florida law completely legal). He then asked why did I have it. I told him for protection because I live in a rough neighborhood with a lot of shootings and armed robberies, and I didn't want to be a victim (can you blame me). (Point proven, robbery down the street from me). The primary officer come over and tells him my gun was legally registered to me. ALL THE OFFICERS at the scene gets mad because I never did anything. The officer then tells me "your still going to jail anyways". I was booked, (charged with carrying concealed firearm 3rd degree felony). I was told that I was facing 5 years prison. BUTTTTTT**************. THAT'S NOT ALL. I then received my police and noticed it was inaccurate. SPD lied and withheld information. It never mentioned my firearm was legally bought and legally registered, never mentioned that I declined the search after I identified myself (ILLEGAL SEARCH), never mentioned that I didn't match the description and never turned in my I.D. to property. The only thing they did put was the victim said that I didn't commit the crime but they worded the report to make it seem like the victim was unsure. Yeah crazy right. Facing 5 years for carrying a legal gun without ccw, rights being violated, and lied on. Well long story short I ended serving from Nov 15 - Jan 13. ROR on PTI (PRETRIAL DIVERSION) for a year. Part of my pretrial condition is to forfeit my firearm. Now 11 months later and over $1,000 spent, I have a little over 3 weeks until I'm finished. Charge dropped, lesson learned.

So now that you know the ENTIRE SITUATION, I know once I complete PTI, I can legally own and posses firearms again, and I'm planning on getting my ccw.

So my question is when I go to court January 6th will or how would I be able to receive my forfeited firearm back from Sanford Police Department. I never got a property sheet from SPD, but I do still have the original bill of sale with all my gun info. If this is enough can you please HELP me with my next step. Keep in mind, I never committed the robbery and my firearm was legal.

PS: I know it's been a year but is it anything that I can do about SPD. My life was in danger when they almost shot me. My civil rights was violated and my life was almost ruined due to SPD mishandling my report. This isn't the first time and case where SPD has done this.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Please edit the novella you wrote. Thanks!! Blue:)

BiggChillyWilly

(comments)

Please don't try to be funny. This is my real life situation. So if you have any helpfull information please help me.

Just Blue

Please don't try to be funny. This is my real life situation. So if you have any helpfull information please help me.
You wrote a big block of text. I was not "trying to be funny". I tried to help you.

Pat's are on and I want to see them win....Bye!!:)

BiggChillyWilly

Anyone Help

I wrote everything to simply explain everything. I didn't want leave out what injustice I went through. Really all I need to know was how would I be able to receive a forfeited firearm with bill of sales, because I never received a property sheet. That's all bro. It's not that serious. Just need answers that I don't have.

Silverplum

I wrote everything to simply explain everything. I didn't want leave out what injustice I went through. Really all I need to know was how would I be able to receive a forfeited firearm with bill of sales, because I never received a property sheet. That's all bro. It's not that serious. Just need answers that I don't have.
See here: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.08.html

I think this is the basic gist of what he was saying.

He was arrested for possessing a firearm without a permit. He has a bill of sale for the firearm. Arresting officers did not furnish him with any kind of receipt when they confiscated the gun. Charges were eventually dropped. Once he has a valid permit, can he retrieve his gun despite not have a receipt. Will the bill of sale suffice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">