• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Put my car title in someone elses name- they took a loan and defaulted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tiffany c

There is proof she stole my car, give me a ticket for driving.... wait there is no proof.... I have proof I paid $62,000 for that car. Cash!

cyjeff

Come on wouldn't you be upset? How can I let her get away with this?
I never said you didn't have a right to be upset.

However, it doesn't change the fact that you tried to circumnavigate the law.... and your friend saw it as an opportunity.

When you play fast and loose with the law, it can come back to bite you.

Antigone*

There is proof she stole my car, give me a ticket for driving.... wait there is no proof.... I have proof I paid $62,000 for that car. Cash!
There is proof that your "friend" now owns the car...did you happen to forget you signed the title over:eek: How does this consititue proof she stole it?:confused:

tranquility

I tried to use short sentences. Which one or ones were not understood?

Sucks? What did you think the reality would be when you transferred title to someone else? You tried to beat the system and you lost. That is why you will lose. Not because she didn't do bad, but because you did. Don't do bad next time and maybe you won't lose your car.

cyjeff

There is actually a much larger problem here.

There is no compelling reason for the friend to ever return the title to Tiff.

As far as the law is concerned, the car belongs to the friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">