• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Put my car title in someone elses name- they took a loan and defaulted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OneMustLiveLife

This chick is crying here, looking for help and chodes just keep saying messed up stuff. She paid over sixty grand for a car and it was stolen. Don't you think that is a little extreme of a karmic punishment for trying to drive on a revoked license? What would you do without a license? Exactly, you would drive too, work, school, your mommies house, wherever you NEEDED to because even though your license was revoked you would NEED to go places.

Seriously though, take it to the judge, your friend -who will get hers some day- has to prove you did anything illegal and if you play your cards right it will just look like she is trying to defame your character in order to keep the car for free. Hire a lawyer, give them everything you have on paper. Take it to court. The worst that can happen is that you lose and you might win. If you just give up you will never see the car again and you will always wonder, maybe even regret not doing anything. Even if you don't succeed in getting your car back you can try.

So let me get this straight, just in case I missed something. You agreed to sell your friend a car. She was going through the loan process for it and since you couldn't drive anyway and you are such a good friend you went ahead and transfered the title to her so she could get tags and have transportation. Then, after you transfered the title she reneged on the deal and kept the money from the loan? Sound about right...?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

This chick is crying here, looking for help and chodes just keep saying messed up stuff. She paid over sixty grand for a car and it was stolen. Don't you think that is a little extreme of a karmic punishment for trying to drive on a revoked license? What would you do without a license? Exactly, you would drive too, work, school, your mommies house, wherever you NEEDED to because even though your license was revoked you would NEED to go places.

Seriously though, take it to the judge, your friend -who will get hers some day- has to prove you did anything illegal and if you play your cards right it will just look like she is trying to defame your character in order to keep the car for free. Hire a lawyer, give them everything you have on paper. Take it to court. The worst that can happen is that you lose and you might win. If you just give up you will never see the car again and you will always wonder, maybe even regret not doing anything. Even if you don't succeed in getting your car back you can try.

So let me get this straight, just in case I missed something. You agreed to sell your friend a car. She was going through the loan process for it and since you couldn't drive anyway and you are such a good friend you went ahead and transfered the title to her so she could get tags and have transportation. Then, after you transfered the title she reneged on the deal and kept the money from the loan? Sound about right...?;)
Look lady ~ an expert you certainly are not; because if you were, you would have notice that you posted to a thread that is nine months old. Why don't you bring out the cheese for your whine in a more recent posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

latigo

What I did was wrong but what she did was wrong to.
“CLEAN HANDS DOCTRINE - Under the clean hands doctrine, a person who has acted wrongly, either morally or legally - that is, who has 'unclean hands' - will not be helped by a court when complaining about the actions of someone else."

cyjeff

I recommend the bus.

If you don't want your friend to sell your car, don't put the title in your friend's name... thereby telling the court that the car belongs to your friend.

Seriously though, take it to the judge, your friend -who will get hers some day- has to prove you did anything illegal and if you play your cards right it will just look like she is trying to defame your character in order to keep the car for free.
The friend doesn't have to prove a damn thing.

The friend HAS all the proof... the title in her name and everything.

Hire a lawyer, give them everything you have on paper. Take it to court. The worst that can happen is that you lose and you might win.
No lawyer will touch this.

And the worst that could happen is going to prison for fraud.

If you just give up you will never see the car again and you will always wonder, maybe even regret not doing anything. Even if you don't succeed in getting your car back you can try.
What a comforting thought that will be while staring out at the yard wondering who was going to get shanked today.

First, try not to teach people how to commit fraud here. We keep things nice and legal.

Second, only an idiot judge would let that fly for a single minute. There is not one iota of paperwork to back up this little fiction.

This situation is no different from handing your good friend that crack you bought.

Then your friend smoked it. Are you going to call the police and say, "she stole my crack and I want you to come and arrest her?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">