+ Reply to Thread
    jj85 is offline Junior Member

Question about signed confession

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What type of writen confession can stand up in court as documentary eveidence. What needs to be on the paper, signature, dates? If brought to court will they cross reference the persons writing to see if it matches?
    Last edited by jj85; 01-28-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jj85 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What type of writen confession can stand up in court as documentary eveidence. What needs to be on the paper, signature, dates? If brought to court will they cross reference the persons writing to see if it matches?
    What type of evidence do you have that you purport to be a signed confession?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    What type of evidence do you have that you purport to be a signed confession?
    I have an e-mail, as well the person has agreed to meet with me and my lawyer so she can write up her confession on paper?

What is a valid writen confession?

If the person does as she says and writes her confession on paper with my lawyer I will not pursue action. All I wish to do with the confession is to show my girlfriend. I don;t want my girlfriend to think that I'm snowing her over. I want it to be legit.

This might be the only way to save my relationship of 5 years, is to prove to my girlfriend that I didn't lie. Someone else set me up.
    Last edited by jj85; 01-28-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    I have an e-mail, as well the person has agreed to meet with me and my lawyer so she can write up her confession on paper?

What is a valid writen confession?

If the person does as she says and writes her confession on paper with my lawyer I will not pursue action. All I wish to do with the confession is to show my girlfriend. I don;t want my girlfriend to think that I'm snowing her over. I want it to be legit.

This might be the only way to save my relationship of 5 years, is to prove to my girlfriend that I didn't lie. Someone else set me up
    Um. ok....

What is your question, if you already have the person signing with your lawyer?

What kind of civil case it is that a confession will save a 5 year relationship? my interest is peaked, and I would appreciate a longer story, since you put it out there.

what kind of horrid relationship has it been that you have to go this far to show you didn't lie.

Thats pretty harsh dude.
    It's harsh but my question is, what are the parts of legal writen confession?
    Last edited by jj85; 01-28-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Banned_Princess is offline Senior Member
    It's harsh but my question is, what are the parts of legal writen confession?
    Nope nothing else until you elaborate.

We will need to know what the case is about, and what is the confession.
    HappyWanderer is offline Member
    There is no legal definition of a "legal written confession".

By the way, while I'm sorry you're in the situation you're in, I am appalled at your theory of a solution.

Dump the girl who needs a "legal" confession. While a true conspiracy can fool someone (your story is wild--sucks to be you), if you can't convince with a promise, you are simply delaying the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWanderer View Post
    There is no legal definition of a "legal written confession".

By the way, while I'm sorry you're in the situation you're in, I am appalled at your theory of a solution.

Dump the girl who needs a "legal" confession. While a true conspiracy can fool someone (your story is wild--sucks to be you), if you can't convince with a promise, you are simply delaying the inevitable.
    Feel Appalled if you must, but people tried to convince me that one of my friends died when technically it was all a made up story to get back at me. I told this story to other people who knew this person inc. my family, other friends and girlfriend.

To these people I look like someone who made up such story, who fakes someones death? Really.

Anyway I'll seek other solutions. Thanks
    swalsh411 is offline Senior Member
    "Honey I know we have been together for five years and I really want to take your word on this but I need a signed confession to be made in the presence of an attorney before I can believe you."
    Quote Originally Posted by swalsh411 View Post
    "Honey I know we have been together for five years and I really want to take your word on this but I need a signed confession to be made in the presence of an attorney before I can believe you."
    She never asked for the signed confession infront of an attorney, I want to do this for myself and then show her...

This person is trying to make a liar out of me and i just want ppl to know that it's her and not me
    >Charlotte< is offline Senior Member
    Well, then, you're not using it in a court case you're using it to convince your girlfriend. So, the question isn't what would be admissible in court, but what will convince her.

If your girlfriend says she'll forgive you (for whatever) if this other person provides a written confession, then I guess that's what you need to do. I don't know why it has to be done in front of a lawyer, but that's your business. The fact that it's done in front of a lawyer certainly doesn't provide any special validation to the statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by >Charlotte< View Post
    Well, then, you're not using it in a court case you're using it to convince your girlfriend. So, the question isn't what would be admissible in court, but what will convince her.

If your girlfriend says she'll forgive you (for whatever) if this other person provides a written confession, then I guess that's what you need to do. I don't know why it has to be done in front of a lawyer, but that's your business. The fact that it's done in front of a lawyer certainly doesn't provide any special validation to the statement.

Well my lawyer suggested that the confession can be evidence If i wish to have a restraining order served against this person. This isn't the first time the person tries to harm me in any such way.