• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StrangeAngels

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I received a subpoena to testify as a witness to a crime in the common pleas court. The subpoena requested that I contact the prosecutor upon receipt, which I did. The subpoena stated that I should show up for court at 9AM this Monday. The prosecutor told me to show up on Thursday at 10 to testify. Is this typical for the date on the subpoena to conflict with what the attorney is requesting? I am just worried that I would be in trouble for FTA.

I apologize if this question should be elsewhere.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I received a subpoena to testify as a witness to a crime in the common pleas court. The subpoena requested that I contact the prosecutor upon receipt, which I did. The subpoena stated that I should show up for court at 9AM this Monday. The prosecutor told me to show up on Thursday at 10 to testify. Is this typical for the date on the subpoena to conflict with what the attorney is requesting? I am just worried that I would be in trouble for FTA.

I apologize if this question should be elsewhere.
Subpoenas often are continuing. You can show up Monday but on Monday they will be choosing a jury, then they have to go through opening arguments, then witnesses (of which you are not the only one) so therefore the prosecutor is telling you that you won't be called until Thursday at 10 am BUT the trial starts on Monday. Feel free to show up and sit there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

StrangeAngels

Subpoenas often are continuing. You can show up Monday but on Monday they will be choosing a jury, then they have to go through opening arguments, then witnesses (of which you are not the only one) so therefore the prosecutor is telling you that you won't be called until Thursday at 10 am BUT the trial starts on Monday. Feel free to show up and sit there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Thank you so much. That makes perfect sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">