• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about suing for tort of harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

labrat247

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Missouri does not have a statutory civil harassment nor civil conspiracy section, however, there is an statutory criminal harassment law. My problem is that we have been harassed by two people working together for over three years now, and we've just had enough. Even though we havent been able to find a lawyer willing to do this, we're willing to do it pro se to make it stop.

So, here's my problem: the police refuse to arrest these two for harassment, despite having physical evidence they agree would be sufficient: "we don't have enough time or manpower to work cases like this. Take them to court.".

So, the question: can I sue for harassment civilly if they have not been charged for it criminally? This is destroying our lives, and we're desperate: any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and God bless.

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Missouri does not have a statutory civil harassment nor civil conspiracy section, however, there is an statutory criminal harassment law. My problem is that we have been harassed by two people working together for over three years now, and we've just had enough. Even though we havent been able to find a lawyer willing to do this, we're willing to do it pro se to make it stop.

So, here's my problem: the police refuse to arrest these two for harassment, despite having physical evidence they agree would be sufficient: "we don't have enough time or manpower to work cases like this. Take them to court.".

So, the question: can I sue for harassment civilly if they have not been charged for it criminally? This is destroying our lives, and we're desperate: any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and God bless.
It depends on the type of harrassment. Was it at all physical? Describe what exactly was the harrassment you experienced.

I just responded to another post by you and I'm very curious about this harrassment you are desperate to litigate against. Please respond with specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">