• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding Requests for Admissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmknox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Form DISC-020 Requests For Admissions

If I want Defendant to acknowledge legitimacy of emails, can I put pdfs of the emails on a flash drive and provide it along with a DISC-020, box 2 checked, or is it necessary to provide printed copies?

Just Blue

If I want Defendant to acknowledge legitimacy of emails, can I put pdfs of the emails on a flash drive and provide it along with a DISC-020, box 2 checked, or is it necessary to provide printed copies?
Please don't start a new thread regarding the same topic. Thanks

Blue

You only need to give an accurate/vivid description of what is contained in the email in requesting the Defendant for an admission concerning Defendant's knowledge as to the existence of such emails. Actual copies of the emails can be submitted as evidence at a later date. Also, you don't have to use a DISC-020 Form if you don't want to. You could type up your own Request for Admissions if there are other requests you may have that would make it hard to use the general form.

dcatz

CCP sect 2033.060
(g) A party requesting an admission of the genuineness of any documents shall attach copies of those documents to the requests, and shall make the original of those documents available for inspection on demand by the party to whom the requests for admission are directed.

With due respect to other responders, do you see “accurate” or “vivid” in the statute? I don’t. Do you want to try to introduce evidence later at trial, when it could already be done as a result of your RFAs? And no, for reasons of forensic verification that would warrant another post, attaching a thumb drive is not an acceptable alternative.

And please keep your posts in one thread.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">