• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remedy at law for blocking an easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammy_b

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I will be attending a hearing on the Defendants' Motion to Dismiss my Complaint. In a nutshell, they blocked my easement, which in itself is illegal, but in doing so they also blocked the telephone company's access to repair my damaged phone line. I filed for a permanent injunction to stop blocking the easement, and also for damages from loss of business due to loss of phone service. Opposing attorney claims that the lines could be placed elsewhere, and I therefore have a remedy at law. They filed a motion to dismiss on this basis.
My question - What happens at the hearing? In my response to their motion, I used citations that clearly stated my right to an injunction for blocking an easement. Do I need to find more citations, or just refer to my Answer? What arguments might opposing counsel make? I should add that they have already filed two other Motions to Dismiss that were denied, and they have yet to answer the Complaint.

Thanks for any help . . .What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">