• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replevin / Prejudgment Attachment / Writ of Seizure in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NothingEasy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Can I file a prejudgment attachment, a "writ of seizure" in PA, on the defendant's house while the complaint (already filed for childhood sexual abuse) seeking $500K works its way through the process? I have been reading up on writs of seizure in Pennsylvania, and see it is done for goods and chattels, but have not seen it done on the defendant's personal home. I cannot afford a bond of that size. I do see there is a "without bond" option described in rule 1073(b) I am looking to do this so that the defendant cannot transfer the property solely to another (like wife or child) before a judgement is determined. Thank you in advance.

Hoooter Monster

I agree, time to get a lawyer, although, you should have one if you are suing someone.

Some States won't allow you to seize homesteads but you can still put liens on them. Also, some States are retro active, if someone sold something with a certain amount of time it is considered intentional evasion and can be seized.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">