• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request to produce documents/invasion of privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluesingincat

Wisconsin

I have to appear in court in the state of Tennessee for a motion to collect back support from my ex. He has not paid child support for our son in 9 years. His attorney filed a Defendent's request to produce documents in which I an being asked to submit all bank statements, written checks and deposit slips to any bank accounts in my name or in which I have access. The request also asks for my federal income tax returns for the years 1996 through 2004 and a copy of my most recent pay check stub. I have no problem submitting my tax returns or my pay check stubs, but I feel submitting my written checks,deposit slips and bank statements would be an invasion of my privacy. Am I obligated to submit this information? Am I protected under any constitutional rights to privacy? I need to know these things because I only have one more week before the answers have to be submitted to his attorney.
Thank you.

bluesingincat

Duplicate / prolific poster syndrom

I apologize. I wasn't sure under which category my question would be best addressed. You are keen! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">