• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order - non-family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jo0141

Arizona, New York, Connecticut

I live in Arizona, and have been receiving threatening text messages and harassing phone calls (calls and hangs up dozens of times in a row) for months from someone who lives in New York. I will be in Connecticut in a few months to get married, and the person who has been threatening me knows when and where I will be there. She has threatened to kill my family and my friends at my wedding, and constantly sends me text messages about buying a gun and killing my fiance. (I did not do anything bad to cause her to do this, she is just nuts and upset that I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid, for this exact reason)

How do I go about getting some sort of restraining or protective order against her? Since there are three different states involved, how does that work? Any information you can give me would be so helpful - I don't know what to do to get her to leave me and my family alone.

Isis1

Arizona, New York, Connecticut

I live in Arizona, and have been receiving threatening text messages and harassing phone calls (calls and hangs up dozens of times in a row) for months from someone who lives in New York. I will be in Connecticut in a few months to get married, and the person who has been threatening me knows when and where I will be there. She has threatened to kill my family and my friends at my wedding, and constantly sends me text messages about buying a gun and killing my fiance. (I did not do anything bad to cause her to do this, she is just nuts and upset that I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid, for this exact reason)

How do I go about getting some sort of restraining or protective order against her? Since there are three different states involved, how does that work? Any information you can give me would be so helpful - I don't know what to do to get her to leave me and my family alone.
have you tried changing your number? made a police report?

i take it you know who this is, do you have their number? can you block it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">