• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining orders=confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curious90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Back in 09 while I was in missouri for school before I transferred I had a girl stock me and I had proof of her harassing me and stocking me to the point where she went of her way to figure out my last name, which lead her to finding me on facebook and finding where my dorm room was where she seen multiple times on my floor in front of my door. MY friend and I were talking about restraining orders and he told me that there has to be a prior police statement filled out before that to obtain a restraining order, back then would this have been the case to get a restraining order against her?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Back in 09 while I was in missouri for school before I transferred I had a girl stock me and I had proof of her harassing me and stocking me to the point where she went of her way to figure out my last name, which lead her to finding me on facebook and finding where my dorm room was where she seen multiple times on my floor in front of my door. MY friend and I were talking about restraining orders and he told me that there has to be a prior police statement filled out before that to obtain a restraining order, back then would this have been the case to get a restraining order against her?
You're repeating yourself. :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/violation-my-rights-596330.html

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And it's stalk, not stock. If you're going to repeat yourself, at least learn how to spell your terms correctly.

curious90

You're repeating yourself. :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/violation-my-rights-596330.html
I know, I was just curious for future references in case I was ever stalked again. The reason why I was asking because my friend had a restraining order expunged off his record and told me that when he had to go to court his attorney asked for the police report on the second person who was trying to file a restraining order against him and the other guy could not produce it, so he had it dismissed. So are police reports necessary to obtain a restraining order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">