• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retrieving Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdoran04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My ex-boyfriend has stored some of my belongings in his garage. We never lived together, I lost my house in a flood he live a couple doors down higher land so stuff was stored there.

Since then I have called it off. He owes me a large amount of money and since I will not come back to him he has said I must get my stuff out of his garage. Ok I said but that was only the beginning, he then began to harass me, In the last 48 hours he has called every 2-3 minutes until 3-4 in the morning. ( yes I took the phone off the hook, but I run a business I cant shut down all phones to avoid him) So I filed a harassment and restraining order I go to court in the morning, however then how do I get my stuff.

He emailed me telling me to get my stuff out by 1pm Friday or he would throw it in the lake. I will get it out but I am afraid to go alone, I will hire movers but again with a restraining order he cant be within 500 ft so how do I handle that? Does anyone know if I can call the sheriff and ask them to go with me? I guess I can ask in court tomorrow but if anyone has any insight much appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">