• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverse a default judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ja07657

What is the name of your state? NJ
:confused:
I was sued for something really stupid and the plaintiffs have no way of winning, or should not have won I should say.
I received a complaint, I answered, I waited for notice of the court date, months passed, never received notice of the trial. Judge gave default judgement to the Plaintiff I found out after investigating. I sent a motion to vacate default judgement for reason that I did not receive notice of the trial. It Plaintiffs lawyer answered that with a stupid statement like , "Your Honor should not believe a ludicrous excuse such as not receiving notice."
The judge denied my motion.
It seems to me that I can pick any name out of the phone book, sue them for anything, make sure they do not know about the court date, and win.

What can I do now? Please, help.

S

seniorjudge

ja07657 said:
...I received a complaint, I answered, I waited for notice of the court date, months passed, never received notice of the trial....
You have to keep up with your case once you are in it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">