• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rommate gets away with exposing himself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seanmettille

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I have a roommate who is exposing himself to me a lot I have called the police and because it is happening in the houise we all rent a room out of the police cant do anything I have talked to the landlord and she wont do anything and I was the volunteer manager for our college football team and i was let go this morning because my roommate who is a starting player told the coach that I called the police. The roommate is in violation of the lease

justalayman

I have a funny suspicion they aren't in the same bedroom but merely rent a bedroom (each and not in common) in the same house.

Illinois statute:

Sec. 11‑9. Public indecency.
(a) Any person of the age of 17 years and upwards who performs any of the following acts in a public place commits a public indecency:
(1) An act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct
as defined in Section 12‑12 of this Code; or

(2) A lewd exposure of the body done with intent to
arouse or to satisfy the sexual desire of the person.

Breast‑feeding of infants is not an act of public indecency.
(b) "Public place" for purposes of this Section means any place where the conduct may reasonably be expected to be viewed by others.
(c) Sentence.
Public indecency is a Class A misdemeanor. A person convicted of a third or subsequent violation for public indecency is guilty of a Class 4 felony.
(Source: P.A. 91‑115, eff. 1‑1‑00.)
Since I presume this is taking place in a common area of the house, I would think this statute would be applicable.
Contact the prosecuting attorneys office and speak with them about this. The police have a very limited viewpoint and sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees.

Hot Topic

Don't believe that the OP was fired from the football team because he called the police on the roommate.

The lease says each roommate must always be fully clothed in front of the other?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">