• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salvage Titles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Devastated Mom

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was reading a post about a car with a salvage title in CA, What is the law in Ohio and MI about selling a car with a Salvage Tiltle and transporting it to another state to use it for parts? I know most of who will read this post will know why I'm asking this question. If not please read my other posts before you answer this. I don't mean to double post but our court date with our son is 03/10/2005 and we would like to have all our ducks in row to prove to him this is ridiculous and really hurting our Family. He insistis on this going to trial. We've offered the kid his money back and more and he and his(so called) Lawyer thinks he is going to get what he thinks the parts were worth if he was to sell them individualy, which they now have the suit up to $4500.00 because they claim that they called a few junk yards and asked for prices for the individual parts he left here. I couldn't tell you want parts I took to the yard, but the owner of the yard I took the parts to is going to write a letter to the court and explain that they were nothing but junk. My real question here is,Did my Son illegally transport this car across the state line and bring it to our yard and leave it? The car was bought as a total from the previous owner,who got the car back from his Ins co as part of his settlement for the car being totaled.We have never seen nor has our lawyer saw a Title or Biil of Sale for this car. The car was from MI and brought to OHIO and dismanteled. Thank-You for taking the time to view this. Just trying to do the right thing and WE as Parents are being made out to be the Villins in this case. And to make things even better we have paid $2300.00 to our Lawyer who has offered to give half of our money back to settle this but the opposing team won't agree to anything. Once again he(opposing Lawyer)is dragging it out like I stated in my other post of Conflict of Interest.

Last edited:

amcfreek

I do believe once a car is totalled all value is lost of that vehicle . so please check with the state where it was "s" titled. google search that states dept of motor vehicles .
Also look into abandoned vehicles :"valueless accept for junk" laws in the state of ohio and the state where it came from.
Considering the car was whole , and wrecked i think the oposing party is going to have an uphill fight proving in court the vehicle had an real value otherwise, the thing is it was salvage titled meaning it was considered junk for a reason . so i do belive this would be futile an effort except for pushing your lawyer to claim that the allegations of the price of teh vehicle are being falsly claimed and purgery is now an issue.. dont quote me on that but you should be able to ruffle some feathers in claiming he is making false claims in court and to prove it the vehicle had a scrap title .
In other words he filed a frivolous case .
Now what you need to do is contact the dmv in the state it was "s" titled
They usually require pictures and an explination on why it needs to be "s" titled after an accident , meaning it isnt fit to drive , and cannot be registered .
Considering this is an active lawsuite you are now a part of you should have the right to a copy of the pictures and dmv form from the original accident.
If you get annything good back from the dmv , you could enter them as evidence., then you could make A nice motion for dismissal for fraudulent claims,that should shake em up ..
If the vehicle were whole and repaired , then retitled ,and registered it only would have 1/3rd the book value because it was a repaired totalled wreck ..
What ever you do i am not responsible or liable in anny way .. ok that is just my tiny ignorant redneck humble opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">