+ Reply to Thread
    Yuke is offline Member

Sample Supplemental Responses to Interrogatories

What is the name of your state? CA

Does anyone have a sample demand for supplemental response to interrogatories, particularly for form interrogatories?

Can I append a form FI-120 to the document?

Where do I indicate which interrogatories I want further response from? In the brief? a separate declaration?

Thanks! I'm not a litigator, just a patent attorney helping out.
    Last edited by Yuke; 06-15-2003 at 06:18 PM.
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

Re: Sample Supplemental Responses to Interrogatories

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yuke
    [B]What is the name of your state? CA

Does anyone have a sample demand for supplemental response to interrogatories, particularly for form interrogatories?

Can I append a form FI-120 to the document?

Where do I indicate which interrogatories I want further response from? In the brief? a separate declaration?

Thanks! I'm not a litigator, just a patent attorney helping out.

=====================================

My response:

Counselor, I would strongly suggest - - in fact, I'd advise you - - that you thoroughly read CCP 2030, and follow each and every applicable word very closely - - especially for your pleading format. One misstep, and your supplemental interrogatory would be objectionable.

Secondly, as a litigator myself, NEVER discriminate between those interrogatories that you do, and you don't, want supplemented. If you do, you're laying out a "roadmap" to your strategy, giving the other side valuable information as to which information is more important to you and your case. So, you write a generic supplemental interrogatory, as follows:

Following the explicit mandates of CCP 2030, you ask and serve this interrogatory - -

"Please review your answers to each set of interrogatories previously served on you in this action. If for any reason any answer is no longer correct and complete, identify the answer and state whatever information is necessary to make it correct and complete as of this date."

In addition to the 35-limit, a party may propound "a supplemental interrogatory" to obtain later-acquired information on matters covered by earlier interrogatories (but not on other topics). [Ca Civ Pro 2030(c)(8)]

A supplemental interrogatory can be served at least 3 times:
    Twice prior to any trial setting; and
    Once after the initial trial setting (and before the 30-day "cut-off" on discovery proceedings before trial; [Ca Civ Pro 2030(c)(8)]
    Further, if "good cause" is shown (e.g., lengthy continuances of the trial date), the court may permit more supplemental interrogatories. [Ca Civ Pro 2030(c)(8)]

Good luck to you - - despite the fact that you're a fish out of water.

IAAL