• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school allowed someone else to sign a permission slip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

momyof2

again, I'm not suing, no ones losing their job, i just asked she be moved to someone else's classroom. I never even asked for her to be "fired"----im speaking about the volunteer not the teacher

In regards to the "type of parent I am" i have my kids friday-tuesday morning every week. The permission slip went home wednesday or thursday from what I can gather, field trip was on monday. Dad takes everything from the back pack. I had several conversations with the teacher about the custody arrangement and that she needed to tell me about up coming events. I have in writing asked many times the teacher to comply. But this is my child's teacher Im not trying to argue with her, and after all she's a kindergarden teacher with 35 kids. Maybe she forgets... whatever but this was the sort of situation I was trying to avoid, and despite my conversations and asking nicely to please be informed I was ignored.

I will be speaking with my attorney regarding the issue, all I wanted was some advice on how to approach the school district. Was there some special rules for volunteers I was un aware of??? Because after reviewing the California State laws I couldn't find anything other than the fact that she has no legal right to sign the permission slip since she is not a parent or guardian.

With all due respect...That is not, seemingly, the case here.

OP did not even know that a feild trip was up coming. IMO that tells us much about OP.

Last edited:

momyof2

go look up 'family nudism', then maybe you'll understand why I might not want my kids to be spending time with grandma while she verbal abuses me to my daughter while she should be playing a recess with her friends.

I will agree to disagree. I don't "trust" what OP is posting. :(

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
go look up 'family nudism', then maybe you'll understand why I might not want my kids to be spending time with grandma while she verbal abuses me to my daughter while she should be playing a recess with her friends.
She practices nudism at school?

:rolleyes:

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist pointing out the absurdity. Jumping back off the merry-go-round now.)

Just Blue

again, I'm not suing, no ones losing their job, i just asked she be moved to someone else's classroom. I never even asked for her to be "fired"

In regards to the "type of parent I am" i have my kids friday-tuesday morning every week. The permission slip went home wednesday or thursday from what I can gather, field trip was on monday. Dad takes everything from the back pack. I had several conversations with the teacher about the custody arrangement and that she needed to tell me about up coming events. I have in writing asked many times the teacher to comply. But this is my child's teacher Im not trying to argue with her, and after all she's a kindergarden teacher with 35 kids. Maybe she forgets... whatever but this was the sort of situation I was trying to avoid, and despite my conversations and asking nicely to please be informed I was ignored.

I will be speaking with my attorney regarding the issue, all I wanted was some advice on how to approach the school district. Was there some special rules for volunteers I was un aware of??? Because after reviewing the California State laws I couldn't find anything other than the fact that she has no legal right to sign the permission slip since she is not a parent or guardian.
She had the rights granted to her by the child other parent (not you). Was the child harmed, in any way, by this? No.

Is this a "hill to die on"? No.

Do what you will with the attorney...But KNOW! It really is not about the child...It is about you and your anger.

momyof2

read california law, that's not what it says

She had the rights granted to her by the child other parent (not you). Was the child harmed, in any way, by this? No.

Is this a "hill to die on"? No.

Do what you will with the attorney...But KNOW! It really is not about the child...It is about you and your anger.

Proserpina

again, I'm not suing, no ones losing their job, i just asked she be moved to someone else's classroom. I never even asked for her to be "fired"

When you cannot find a law prohibiting something, it's generally because no law exists. In fact, I believe this has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere.

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish. What exactly do you hope will happen?

Do you expect teacher is to memorize every divorce decree?

Do you realize that ultimately the likely end result is that Dad modifies the court order so you can't complain about everything?

Proserpina

Forget my last question.

It's clearly been answered here.

Proserpina

OP I wanted you to do something for me. I've been hard on you, and yup, I think you're completely wrong about all of this...but...

Get Family Wizard. It's $99/person/year but it might save your sanity. Then - and I'm being perfectly serious - consider family counseling. I think someone needs to step in.

momyof2

yep did that. have the wizard, very handy and makes me feel better that the judge can see everything.

did the therapy as well,

I was told "your husband is a narcissist" you need a divorce. that was 6 years ago

OP I wanted you to do something for me. I've been hard on you, and yup, I think you're completely wrong about all of this...but...

Get Family Wizard. It's $99/person/year but it might save your sanity. Then - and I'm being perfectly serious - consider family counseling. I think someone needs to step in.

Last edited:

Just Blue

so its ok for a volunteer to sign a permission slip?
Yes, IMO, it is. Based on what you posted on this forum. This is the childs GM. Not a random stranger. And Dad KNEW about it. It really is not that big of a deal. But if you feel so put out that your little one went on a flippin' field trip...have at it. I will say this is going to be a long and PAINFUL ride for your child/ren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">