• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school allowed someone else to sign a permission slip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

momyof2

Grandparents have NO legal rights in California. regardless of the relationship (unless it was dad) you can't sign a permission slip for a child.She is a volunteer. SHE IS A VOLUNTEER!!! She can't sign a permission slip.

Yes, IMO, it is. Based on what you posted on this forum. This is the childs GM. Not a random stranger. And Dad KNEW about it. It really is not that big of a deal. But if you feel so put out that your little one went on a flippin' field trip...have at it. I will say this is going to be a long and PAINFUL ride for your child/ren.

momyof2

This women raised three of the most unproductive members of society, she shouldn't be in a classroom full of bright young children. She has a very dark past, but because she has no criminal record she's "cleared" to be in a classroom?

She practices nudism at school?

:rolleyes:

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist pointing out the absurdity. Jumping back off the merry-go-round now.)

grandfather

Yes, IMO, it is. Based on what you posted on this forum. This is the childs GM. Not a random stranger. And Dad KNEW about it. It really is not that big of a deal. But if you feel so put out that your little one went on a flippin' field trip...have at it. I will say this is going to be a long and PAINFUL ride for your child/ren.
It is amazing that people who answer on here assume and come to their own conclusions and are completely ignorant of the facts about child safety and the laws in regard to that safety applies to schools, public places etc.

1s, grandmothers do not have legal rights over their grandchildren, they do not have the right to have medical examinations, medical work, or to sign any legal documentations. This grandmother is not a legal guardian, nor the parent... Read a permission slip, it says legal guardian or parent., That permission slip is releasing the school from liability, that the parent is fully aware that the child will not be on the campus and what the trip is about. The fact that this is the grandmother is irrelevant, as if something had happened to this child on that field trip and the school ended up in court and the permission slip signed is produced signed by the grandmother the school would bear the liability.

This is a volunteer at a school, pure and simple, because she is the grandmother does not grant her special privileges beyond that of a volunteer, signing a permission slip is not part of a volunteers job description, no is it legal. IF you do not understand this perhaps you may want to check the laws of the state of Ca. under the volunteer code,

Just Blue

Grandparents have NO legal rights in California. regardless of the relationship (unless it was dad) you can't sign a permission slip for a child.She is a volunteer. SHE IS A VOLUNTEER!!! She can't sign a permission slip.
Yeah...I get that.

Not. A. Big. Deal.

Do you GET THAT??????

Pick your battles girl!! Was the child HARMED? No.

Did the child have a nice time? Likely.

Are you pissed? Hell yeah!

Is it a biggy?? NO.

I've been there and done that...As have most everyone that has given advice on this thread. We have learned that there ARE some thing worth going to court over. This is not one of those "things".

momyof2

Look if this were the first problem with grandma, I'd call her up and say "hey don't do that" but its not. I have a long list of other reasons she shouldn't be in my children's classroom anymore. But now she broke the law, and no Im not taking her to court, but I am deeply concerned with why the school DID see the severity then changed their minds without discussing it with me. A simple more to another classroom is all I asked for...

Yeah...I get that.

Not. A. Big. Deal.

Do you GET THAT??????

Pick your battles girl!! Was the child HARMED? No.

Did the child have a nice time? Likely.

Are you pissed? Hell yeah!

Is it a biggy?? NO.

I've been there and done that...As have most everyone that has given advice on this thread. We have learned that there ARE some thing worth going to court over. This is not one of those "things".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Look if this were the first problem with grandma, I'd call her up and say "hey don't do that" but its not. I have a long list of other reasons she shouldn't be in my children's classroom anymore. But now she broke the law, and no Im not taking her to court, but I am deeply concerned with why the school DID see the severity then changed their minds without discussing it with me. A simple more to another classroom is all I asked for...
(I can't believe I keep getting sucked in)

You keep accusing the grandmother of breaking the law but you can't provide a cite to any law she's broken.

momyof2

CA code 44932, look that up, because a permission slip isn't the permission to go on the field trip, your waiver your right to hold the school liable.

(I can't believe I keep getting sucked in)

You keep accusing the grandmother of breaking the law but you can't provide a cite to any law she's broken.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
CA code 44932, look that up, because a permission slip isn't the permission to go on the field trip, your waiver your right to hold the school liable.
Try again:

Cal Education Code

44932. (a) No permanent employee shall be dismissed except for one
or more of the following causes:
(1) Immoral or unprofessional conduct.
(2) Commission, aiding, or advocating the commission of acts of
criminal syndicalism, as prohibited by Chapter 188 of the Statutes of
1919, or in any amendment thereof.
(3) Dishonesty.
(4) Unsatisfactory performance.
(5) Evident unfitness for service.
(6) Physical or mental condition unfitting him or her to instruct
or associate with children.
(7) Persistent violation of or refusal to obey the school laws of
the state or reasonable regulations prescribed for the government of
the public schools by the State Board of Education or by the
governing board of the school district employing him or her.
(8) Conviction of a felony or of any crime involving moral
turpitude.
(9) Violation of Section 51530 or conduct specified in Section
1028 of the Government Code, added by Chapter 1418 of the Statutes of
(10) Knowing membership by the employee in the Communist Party.
(11) Alcoholism or other drug abuse which makes the employee unfit
to instruct or associate with children.
(b) The governing board of a school district may suspend without
pay for a specific period of time on grounds of unprofessional
conduct a permanent certificated employee or, in a school district
with an average daily attendance of less than 250 pupils, a
probationary employee, pursuant to the procedures specified in
Sections 44933, 44934, 44935, 44936, 44937, 44943, and 44944. This
authorization shall not apply to any school district which has
adopted a collective bargaining agreement pursuant to subdivision (b)
of Section 3543.2 of the Government Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">