• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the school liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConcernedMom16

Kentucky

How liable is a a public school system whose employee is on trial for sexual misconduct against my son? Should I get legal representation? The employee has admitted that she did in fact have contact with my child in a sexual nature on a public school bus.

Last edited:

tranquility

How liable is a a public school system whose employee is on trial for sexual misconduct against my son? Should I get legal representation? The employee has admitted that she did in fact have contact with my child in a sexual nature on a public school bus.
I would seek legal representation. As to how much the government is liable, that is so much harder that no one can tell. If you can't get an attorney to agree, you may not have that much that can be won. But, seek out attorneys that will work for contingency or for the loadstar.

quincy

Kentucky

I agree with tranquility that you should seek out an attorney's help.

The school can be held legally liable if there is a history of actual and/or reported/suspected sexual misconduct with the employee that they were aware of, or should have been aware of, either when hiring the employee or after hiring the employee (negligence in hiring or retention).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">