• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending A Nude Photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raven9595

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hello, if somone (of age and willingly) sends you a nude photo and you send it to a 3rd party, is there any legal liability?

My Ex and I exchanged nude photos via text. Now we each agreed that we would delete after viewing. Well after we broke up I found out she sent them to my ex-wife who I am still in and out of court with. Now the faces were not viewable, but somone who knows that person intimately can recognize who it is. Did she break any laws? Do I have any recourse?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hello, if somone (of age and willingly) sends you a nude photo and you send it to a 3rd party, is there any legal liability?

My Ex and I exchanged nude photos via text. Now we each agreed that we would delete after viewing. Well after we broke up I found out she sent them to my ex-wife who I am still in and out of court with. Now the faces were not viewable, but somone who knows that person intimately can recognize who it is. Did she break any laws? Do I have any recourse?
**A: are you somehow embarrased by the photo?

raven9595

I feel its an invasion of my privacy, a malicous thing to do, and can and will casue problems with my ex-wife

us11dsalyer

Sending a nude photo of someone to a 3rd party can get you in trouble if you do not have a model release form filled out. The person in the photo has every right to file charges if they never signed some sort of model release form stating that the photo will be transfered to third party(s).

HomeGuru

Sending a nude photo of someone to a 3rd party can get you in trouble if you do not have a model release form filled out. The person in the photo has every right to file charges if they never signed some sort of model release form stating that the photo will be transfered to third party(s).
**A: read the post, it wasn't a person per se that was in the photo.

us11dsalyer

Reason I know this is back in my last year of high school my buddy's GF left him so he sent her topless photos to everyone on his friend's list around school. Her face was not in the photos, nor was any tattoos or distinguishing marks. I forget what charges she got him with were, but he did send the photos to roughly 40 students. He had to do 60 hours community service and go to counseling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">