• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentence reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jojo2011

Arkansas

My friend served time in 2005 for hot checks that she did not write. Her license got suspended and she served over 16 days in jail. Once she was released she made a final payment and was able to get her license back. At this point she thought everything was clear. She got stopped yesterday and found out she had a warrant in the same county. For the exact same charge and the same year. This is confusing because she got a job that did an extensive background check plus she had a car accident where the officer ran her license. They have her for failure to appear. She was not able to bond out. She has asked me to speak for her tomorrow to ask for community service on her part. Where should I start? Am I allowed to do that.

Antigone*

Arkansas

My friend served time in 2005 for hot checks that she did not write. Her license got suspended and she served over 16 days in jail. Once she was released she made a final payment and was able to get her license back. At this point she thought everything was clear. She got stopped yesterday and found out she had a warrant in the same county. For the exact same charge and the same year. This is confusing because she got a job that did an extensive background check plus she had a car accident where the officer ran her license. They have her for failure to appear. She was not able to bond out. She has asked me to speak for her tomorrow to ask for community service on her part. Where should I start? Am I allowed to do that.
Are you an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">