• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settled Suit, Release, They breached terms of release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BentOverDone

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I sued a collection agency and for FDCPA violations and the unethical malpracticing attorney that represented them in their collection efforts in District Court. I settled just a few weeks in with their respective attorneys and the Attorneys malpractice carrier and we all agreed to a release with a confidentiality agreement and their promise, BIG AND BOLD to eliminate the original allged debt and remove all reports of collection activity and anything re: the alleged debt from my Credit history. Long story short, the Agency and then the Agency's Attorney did ALOT of bad things in violation of FDCPA and the Attorney added a host of ethical violations to the heap. They all wanted to settle. We settled and dismissed. But....they didn't do their house keeping afterward, aka breached the terms of our release. It's been less than 6 months and this same Collection Agency is mailing me notices again on the same debt they agreed to eliminate in our release agreement. What cause(s) of action, how much blood letting can I go for? I am over this, they've done some horrible things to me over the course of a year and I thought suit and settlement and a boot in that attorney's ass from his E & O carrier would bring some closure. God only knows what poor defenseless souls without means to fight back they've done this kind of thing to over the years. Any thoughts on how best to put an end to this and possibly own their freaking buildings in my future?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">