• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsCrap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC/NYC

Not sure if this goes here or not but here goes:

EX GF is beind sued by her former company for damaged goods shipped back that she packed in boxes. These boxes were left in my house and they never came or had UPS pick them up. After 2 months of being told by the ex gf they werent going to pick up the boxes she asked me to bring them to the UPS store, so I did. Now apparently these boxes showed up damaged and were suing her for 10g in damages. My name was on all the shipping labels (10 boxes). They settled and now I'm being asked for half of the settlment from the ex gf. However, I have never been contacted by anybody (the suing party, her lawyer, etc...) I only heard from her asking me for money. What and/or who should I be asking for? Should I ask to see the settlement letter? If so, Should it come from their lawyer (company that is suing)?

I put this up in small claims a few weeks back but now everything has apparently been settled I just really need some advice on which actions to take.

Thanks,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC/NYC

Not sure if this goes here or not but here goes:

EX GF is beind sued by her former company for damaged goods shipped back that she packed in boxes. These boxes were left in my house and they never came or had UPS pick them up. After 2 months of being told by the ex gf they werent going to pick up the boxes she asked me to bring them to the UPS store, so I did. Now apparently these boxes showed up damaged and were suing her for 10g in damages. My name was on all the shipping labels (10 boxes). They settled and now I'm being asked for half of the settlment from the ex gf. However, I have never been contacted by anybody (the suing party, her lawyer, etc...) I only heard from her asking me for money. What and/or who should I be asking for? Should I ask to see the settlement letter? If so, Should it come from their lawyer (company that is suing)?

I put this up in small claims a few weeks back but now everything has apparently been settled I just really need some advice on which actions to take.

Thanks,
Your story doesn't even match with what you posted two weeks ago.

First it was 14 boxes, now it's 10.
First it was $17k, now it's $10k

Pay the $1,000 (that's half of the $2k settlement, right?) :rolleyes:

ThisIsCrap

Your story doesn't even match with what you posted two weeks ago.

First it was 14 boxes, now it's 10.
First it was $17k, now it's $10k

Pay the $1,000 (that's half of the $2k settlement, right?) :rolleyes:
I know I finally got what they actually settled on according to the ex. That is why they dont match. Remember now I have never been contacted by anybody. So as it stands as of the other day what I posted today is what they argued over.

So I get this right. I should pay for something according to what she has told me? Not what any judge or lawyer has sent me. I dont even have a copy of the settlement. She told me to send the money to her house. Should I question this?

ThisIsCrap

**A: good one.
Dude, seriously, shut up. This is not a joke so I would appreciate it if you didn't hijack this thread with retarded comments. This is not bullsh!t by any means. I really need to know what to do here. None of this is made up.

HomeGuru

Dude, seriously, shut up. This is not a joke so I would appreciate it if you didn't hijack this thread with retarded comments. This is not bullsh!t by any means. I really need to know what to do here. None of this is made up.
**A: ok, now you limit your chances of ever getting information. So Dude, sit back and wait and wait and wait.

djrambo08

Dude YOU really need to shut up and show some respect to the senoirs or you will NEVER get anyone to answer you...UNDERSTAND???? Someone caught you changing your story so
now is not the time to be aggressive..DUDE...

ThisIsCrap

**A: ok, now you limit your chances of ever getting information. So Dude, sit back and wait and wait and wait.
I waited 4 hours before I asked for an answer. I have a timeline here so it is a bit urgent. You automatically attacked my name which has nothing to do with anything. Very childish, now your threathing me with having to wait in the future.. What kind of sh!t is that? Does your wife have your balls in the freezer so you come here to "bully" people. Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut next time. You have no business attacking anybody for their name. I come here for help like many others and you have immature comments and threats. People like you make me laugh, get behind a keyboard and get tough. Just relax!

ThisIsCrap

Dude YOU really need to shut up and show some respect to the senoirs or you will NEVER get anyone to answer you...UNDERSTAND???? Someone caught you changing your story so
now is not the time to be aggressive..DUDE...
I dont care who a senior is or not. I asked for an answer and got attacked. I changed the story because that is exactly what happened. The damn story was changed by the source who is feeding me what has transpired. I give respect when I get respect. Good use of the word Dude by the way!

Does anybody out there have some real goddamn advice. I'm not here to bicker back and fourth. Once again this is real deal life here.

HomeGuru

I waited 4 hours before I asked for an answer. I have a timeline here so it is a bit urgent. You automatically attacked my name which has nothing to do with anything. Very childish, now your threathing me with having to wait in the future.. What kind of sh!t is that? Does your wife have your balls in the freezer so you come here to "bully" people. Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut next time. You have no business attacking anybody for their name. I come here for help like many others and you have immature comments and threats. People like you make me laugh, get behind a keyboard and get tough. Just relax!
**A: hahaha**************4 hours. Oh we seriously apologize for the long wait Sir Crap.
Don't you remember your other posts? People here already responded to you.
This crap is too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">