• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual harassment charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in texas and have had some disturbing text sent to me by a person whom I used to speak with but are no longer in contact with. They sent me videos of them/a friend of theirs having sex with someone. I am personally disturbed by this. I neither ask for it, nor wanted to see it. What is the statue of limitations for me to press charges? they have also been harassing me but sending me texts that I refuse to respond to. according to penal code 42.07 which states "sends repeated electronic communications in a
manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment,
embarrass, or offend another." which qualifies as harrassment, this person does not understand that I further want to cease communication with them, over the years they have still tried to contact me.At this point I had enough and want them completely gone from my life. What would be the proper steps in filing the charges? if it helps they don't live in the same state. I can provide dates to certain events if that is helpful.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in texas and have had some disturbing text sent to me by a person whom I used to speak with but are no longer in contact with. They sent me videos of them/a friend of theirs having sex with someone. I am personally disturbed by this. I neither ask for it, nor wanted to see it. What is the statue of limitations for me to press charges? they have also been harassing me but sending me texts that I refuse to respond to. according to penal code 42.07 which states "sends repeated electronic communications in a
embarrass, or offend another." which qualifies as harrassment, this person does not understand that I further want to cease communication with them, over the years they have still tried to contact me.At this point I had enough and want them completely gone from my life. What would be the proper steps in filing the charges? if it helps they don't live in the same state. I can provide dates to certain events if that is helpful.
You might head on down to the local police station, with the phone in hand, and ask them what they think about it.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Your posting Hx is... curious. :cool:

Ladyback1

Hey, Junior?
Why don't you block their phone number?

And if you choose not to, why even bother opening texts/videos they send you? Send them to the delete bucket?

Why do people got to use a sledgehammer, when a jeweler's hammer would work just as well??

curious90

Hey, Junior?
Why don't you block their phone number?

And if you choose not to, why even bother opening texts/videos they send you? Send them to the delete bucket?

Why do people got to use a sledgehammer, when a jeweler's hammer would work just as well??
Don't think my phone has a feature to block texting…My question is still not answered.What is the statuette for this crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">