• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing document under penalty of perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tampapayroll

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I owned a business which is now closed. The business was sued, and the plaintiff awarded a judgement. As an officer, I have been sent a "Fact Information Sheet" to fill out regarding assets and history of the company. One item on the sheet is copies of all cancelled checks for the past 12 months. The company never received these from the bank (bank policy).
The signature, which needs to be notarized, says that the forms, under penalty of perjury, "are true and complete". The form is not complete, since the requested cancelled checks are not included.

My question is this:

How can I sign this form, since it is not complete, but I do not possess the documents to make it complete?

I am also required to file a "Notice of Compliance" with the court when this is finished. How do I notify the court of this matter?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I owned a business which is now closed. The business was sued, and the plaintiff awarded a judgement. As an officer, I have been sent a "Fact Information Sheet" to fill out regarding assets and history of the company. One item on the sheet is copies of all cancelled checks for the past 12 months. The company never received these from the bank (bank policy).
The signature, which needs to be notarized, says that the forms, under penalty of perjury, "are true and complete". The form is not complete, since the requested cancelled checks are not included.

My question is this:

How can I sign this form, since it is not complete, but I do not possess the documents to make it complete?

I am also required to file a "Notice of Compliance" with the court when this is finished. How do I notify the court of this matter?
1 ~ You can easily get copies of the checks being requested by calling your bank. Once you obtain the documents you will be in compliance.

That was easy:cool:

tampapayroll

Can't get copies

I can't, because the bank charges $2 per page. The company is closed and has no money. There are several hundred, maybe thousand, checks to be copied.

Rexlan

I don't think you are obligated to produce any documents. I am assuming they want verification that the checks are legit.

I would cross out the language that says the documents are complete and or add that they are not complete due to missing checks. Initial the change where it is made, sign and notarize the document and file your Notice of Compliance.

If they want more then they will produce the check/s for you to verify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">