• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander or Defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C21Kim

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My husband and I divorced..he has costed me so much money in legal expenses, because he just refuses to move on with his life! He began dating a lady who is my present husband's ex-wife. It was with obvious intention to aggrivate of hopefully upset both my husband and I, which was a complete flop! We are very much in love and enjoy our family and lives together. My husband's ex-wife has an enormous amount of mental health problems, and shortley after my separation I received in the mail (unmarked envelope) a copy of her pysciatrical evaluation. This lady will not leave us alone, she calls the house, eggs our vehicles and on and on and on. I've mentioned mailing the evaluation to her parents, employment wherever in hopes that she will grow up and maybe someone can help her. She says that is slander, but it's fact! Would she have any legal recourse, if I send a copy to her mother, who might actually help her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">