• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander or defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoovsmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania
My question concerns negative statements being made about my 15 year old daughter by an adult. The comments have been made in public places and are directed towards my daughter's character. What is my best option to get this behavior stopped. We are tired of waiting for these people to find something new to talk about. Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

hoovsmom said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania
My question concerns negative statements being made about my 15 year old daughter by an adult. The comments have been made in public places and are directed towards my daughter's character. What is my best option to get this behavior stopped. We are tired of waiting for these people to find something new to talk about. Thank you.
Without facts about the situation, including what was said, what caused them to be said and the background for the statements, no one is going to give you any valid legal advice. In would be irresponsible.

hoovsmom

slander or defammation of character - 2

The statements that have been made are that she is sexually active, pregnant, etc. As to why the statements were made, it is a mystery to me - I don't personally know the adult, but her daughter is in the same school as mine. Her daughter initially made the comments - which I chose to ignore because she is a kid - but apparently her mother has picked up the cause. As far as I know, the woman has never spoken to my daughter - just about her and my husband and I have had enough.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

hoovsmom said:
The statements that have been made are that she is sexually active, pregnant, etc. As to why the statements were made, it is a mystery to me - I don't personally know the adult, but her daughter is in the same school as mine. Her daughter initially made the comments - which I chose to ignore because she is a kid - but apparently her mother has picked up the cause. As far as I know, the woman has never spoken to my daughter - just about her and my husband and I have had enough.
Then, if you want the treatment to stop, visit a local attorney and have him/her write a cease and desist letter to the woman stronly suggesting that she cease the activity or face civil action on behalf of your daughter.

At this point, that's all you can do short of inviting her to your home and kicking the crap out of her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">