• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander & illegally obtained signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kat2Wolf

Wisconsin.
This is complicated to keep brief, but I will do the best I can. I was fired, which is not my issue since my former employer is an "at will" employer, my issue is slander and misrepresentation of a state agency. My employee separation form stated "highly inappropriate and malicious conduct, violation of ethical business practice and confidentiality." This statement is very untrue (there was also a witness to the firing). My boss told me that Sue has my paycheck and vacation pay, but first we need you to sign this paper. I did not want to sign it due to the slanderous statements. This was the separation form....I asked what is was for and my boss told me "unemployment" needs it....so I signed it out of fear of not being able to collect unemployment and fear of not receiving my vacation pay if I didn't. I am a single mother suffering from Fibromyalgia so I couldn't risk not signing it if it was for unemployment. I checked with unemployment within a few days and they emailed me telling me that I am not required to sign such a form under Wisconsin Statutes (she has told employees this before which I have an email she wrote which backs up the fact that she lies to people about this form). My issue is slander and misrepresenting a state agency in order to obtain a signature. After receiving a copy of my personnel file I was able to determine the company that was faxed this separation form with the slanderous comments. My former supervisor also told me that the CEO told her I received two formal warnings, which never happened and were not in my personnel file. Do I have a case for slander and misrepresenting a state agency? I have both written to a board member, but I don't think some of them want to deal with the involved process of removing a CEO until they feel a lawsuit and a publicity issue. One board member is very angry. This is a major non-profit agency that serves people with disabilites.
What type of lawyer would I need to contact since I have 2 issues......slander and inappropriately obtaining a signature? The comments on the separation form were slanderous and the form was faxed to an outside agency. I was approved to receive UI benefits because the company could not substantiate their accusations against me. Also, UI legal division is investigating how the use that form to intimidate employees.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">