• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son is out of the country and he received a subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Thanks, Ladyback. For the court to know if the OP is telling the truth, the OP needs only to end her letter/letter-motion with the following certification: "I declare, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. � 1746, under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct." and her signature --as she would in any declaration (or affidavit).
The father can let the court know that the son is out of the country. Period. He cannot speak for the son.

He cannot quash the subpoena for the son. He cannot prevent the court from finding the son in contempt for not responding to the subpoena.

It would be a bit silly to allow a party in a case to speak for the witnesses in the case or able to file a motion to quash someone else's subpoena. A declaration cannot make this any more sensible.

As to reporting posts: This is done for several reasons. It allows the moderator to review a post that a member finds questionable. The moderator will decide if the post is problematic and, if there is no problem, the post is returned in its entirety to the thread. If there is a problem, the post will not return to its place in the thread, or the post will return with the problematic portions edited out.

To my knowledge, this is how this forum has always operated. I don't see it changing any time soon.

Last edited:

latigo

If any of the folks following this galvanizing saga believe that honorable son is not within earshot of honorable father, I have a bridge over the East River that I will let go . . . . cheap!

I'mTheFather

If any of the folks following this galvanizing saga believe that honorable son is not within earshot of honorable father, I have a bridge over the East River that I will let go . . . . cheap!
And I believe many aspects of this saga have been disclosed on this site over the past year or two. ;)

quincy

And I believe many aspects of this saga have been disclosed on this site over the past year or two. ;)
On the plus side, this poster has helped me build up a nice online library of Florida law sources (although the library is a bit heavy on spoliation of evidence :)).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">