• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son put a used condom in his mouth at child care center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jennifercnner87

My son found a used condom by the play groundat the recreational center that he goes to after school and during vacation I now have to have my six year old tested for stds is there anything legally I can do? This is something that never should have happened and I don't want to see it happen to other children either

Silverplum

My son found a used condom by the play groundat the recreational center that he goes to after school and during vacation I now have to have my six year old tested for stds is there anything legally I can do? This is something that never should have happened and I don't want to see it happen to other children either
I'd start by teaching your six-year-old to not put things in his mouth.

How do you think this incident could have been avoided? Take a supervisor away from the kids to check the play area for trash before they let the children out? Bet that violates some Standard and/or Requirement.

CdwJava

That's gross and disgusting, but about all you can do is let the staff know that this happened and maybe they will be a little more vigilant for a while.

And I am more than a little curious as to why a 6-year-old is putting stuff in his mouth that he found on the ground!

quincy

A few questions, Jennifer:

What is the name of your state?

How do you know your six year old put a used condom in his mouth?

You said the condom was found "by" the playground. It wasn't on the playground, then?

Is your son in the habit of picking non-edible items off the ground and sticking them in his mouth?

Last edited:

anearthw

I work with typical and moderate to severe disabled six year olds (1st grade), and I'm trying to imagine any of them, aside from one with a profound disability and cognitive delays, doing something so absurd. Unless your child has severe special needs and should have had 1:1 childcare support, I cannot fathom anyone even believing such a claim or putting liability on an adult if true.

quincy

I work with typical and moderate to severe disabled six year olds (1st grade), and I'm trying to imagine any of them, aside from one with a profound disability and cognitive delays, doing something so absurd. Unless your child has severe special needs and should have had 1:1 childcare support, I cannot fathom anyone even believing such a claim or putting liability on an adult if true.
The last question I asked Jennifer was posed to see if her son perhaps might have undiagnosed pica (an eating disorder). It seems unusual to me for a boy of her son's age to be putting found objects in his mouth.

Here are links to kidshealth.org and WebMD on pica:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/behavior/pica.html
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-pica

I know Jennifer came to this site for legal advice but medical advice might be more important.

Last edited:

anearthw

The last question I asked Jennifer was posed to see if her son perhaps might have undiagnosed pica (an eating disorder). It seems unusual to me for a boy of her son's age to be putting found objects in his mouth.

Here are links to kidshealth.org and WebMD on pica:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/behavior/pica.html
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-pica

I know Jennifer came to this site for legal advice but medical advice might be more important.
Agree with you there. I don't see any six year old doing this, absent some sort of serious medical diagnosis. Or, perhaps, falling into the grass I guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">