• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Standard of Review for Fl District Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OU812

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm looking for advice for the Standard of Review for District Court.

This is an environmental case regarding the issue of development over wetlands. The Board of county commissioners voted in favor of the developer to allow the project. A petition for Writ of Certiorari was filed in Circuit Court on the grounds of lack of susbstantial competent evidence, and not meeting essential requiements of law, and it was denied.

I've since taken the case over from my attorney (not trustworthy & lack of funds). I'm wanting to file a petition in District Court on the grounds that the Circuit Court failed to uphold County Ordinance mandating no development be allowed on wetlands (paraphrasing). All of the elements of the rules of appellate procedure are completed, except I'm stuck on the standard of review ......

Is is abuse of discretion?
Standard of review for questions of law is de novo?
Plain Petition for Certiarori review?

or what? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">