• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations - Judgments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

benno

Is there a statute of limitations on judgments?

I had a judgment filed on me in the end of 1995. It was for a karate school contract, I had moved away. The contract said that if a membership school wasn't within a certain radius of my house, it was null & void. The attorney handling the judgment (for the Karate school) asked me to fax a copy of a power bill from my new residence. After doing so I was under the impression it was never going to go to court. Long story short, he took it to court.

After a judgment is filed, is there anyway to take it back to court?

T

totallybroke

you might try...

posting this under the credit and collections, someone there will be able to help you most likely. Make sure you give the state you live in, as per the instructions when you signed in.

B

benno

Statute of Limitations?

I appreciate the advice, I just reposted this under Credit & Collections.

Thanks again,

Benno:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">