• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations for breach contract and fraud?? Need Advice on this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dice1906

I'm trying to find out what options i have at this time. I live in California; and in March 2003 I enter into a real estate contract with a seller who was reprented by Remax of Beverly to purchase a home for 300,000; so we found out after inspection that one of the room was not permitted, so the Remax agent was informed that we wanted a reduction of 25,000 in the price of the home. They had agree to this; but i think this remax agent didn't want the seller to reduce the price; so right before the close of escrow. The remax agent and the title company both stop taking my calls for the next month, and then they inform me that the home had been sold during in April. I was wondering how they could sell a home during the time of an active contract with a title company holding the title; also I found out that they sold the home for a 340,000. Then, they wouldn't release my down payment; until I filled out and signed a escrow cancellation document; which i didn't sign until 5 month later, because my argument with them was how do i have to sign a cancellation document for a home you already sold, so I signed the document just to get my down payment back; but I crossed out and initial all items saying that i would hold them liable or wouldn't sue. It wasn't until i purchased my current home in 2006; and talked to my realtor and a attorney, that I realized that I have a posible case for breach of contract and maybe fraud against the owner,remax, and the title company

Any help would be appreciated. Please advise!

Last edited:

JETX

I live in California; and in March 2003 I enter into a real estate contract
If you had a case for breach (not clear in your post), the SOL to bring an action for breach of written contract in California is four years from the date of breach. The time to bring a valid suit (if any) has expired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">