• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepmother after father passing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in days. That even beats WilllyJo's post.

The guy - DAD - in this case WAS "playing the game" too. Dad was ABSOLUTELY complicit.

Now please - quit hijacking this poor OP's thread.
Hard to say about the dad's viewpoint - and nobody can ask him either -- he may have had good intentions. Typical guy bashing. Males are far superior.

Proserpina

Hard to say about the dad's viewpoint - and nobody can ask him either -- he may have had good intentions. Typical guy bashing. Males are far superior.

Oh knock of the trolling, "George". It's not big, it's not clever and it doesn't impress anyone.

:rolleyes:

Kuroshio

I’m sorry for what your step mom has put you through. My own step mom entered my life when I was three. My alcoholic mother kicked me out when I was 15 and my dad took me in, but my step mom threatened me when he went to work and made me tell him I didn’t want to stay there. He dropped me off in a town 30 miles away and I’ve been on my own since.

As an adult she calls me up before major holidays and tells me not to come. When I ‘crash’ she’s absolutely rude, awful and nasty but only when no one else is in the room. She make it not worth going at all. She has gone far out of her way over my lifetime to keep a very real wedge between my family and ‘hers’.

I have three step siblings that I have NO relationship with and a father that is essentially lost to me. I see him occasionally and he gives me big hugs and asks me to come and visit more. He has no idea she fields my calls and uninvites me. My own children barely know their grandparents. It’s an awful reality when someone so jealous and hateful is successful in interrupting what should be a vital mentoring relationship.

Hold on to the wonderful memories and time you had with your father and relish the positive experiences you had with her in the past and move on with your life! Leave her mental anguish to herself to live with, don’t allow her to bring you down! Accept that it isn’t you that has caused her behavior but her own shortcomings. Get your support from those around you that do care :)

W

Willlyjo

Who said ANYTHING about that?

Incidentally, MANY families raise their kids NOT telling them that one is actually a stepparent.

And who said anything about that? Who is saying that stepparenting isn't admirable?

I AM a stepparent, dear. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're trying to dispute.

I said, very clearly:

Do you understand what I meant?

Yes, everyone - I did dissect Willly's post. Willly's post made no sense at all, but I suppose I was curious as to how Willly came up with such nonsense.

:cool:
Your post inferred that you believe many stepparents mislead their stepchildren into believing they are biological parents. The fact is, it is rare that stepparents would do such a thing.

I agree that it IS wrong to do so, however your statement really wasn't necessary. What did you want to achieve by even mentioning it? It is such a rare occurence for a stepparent to do this (which we both agree is wrong) so why even mention it like it frequently happens?

If you and Cbg dissected my post like you say you did, you could have reasoned the fact I was simply disagreeing that you seem to think it is a common thing for stepparents NOT to tell their stepchildren they are not biologically related to them.

Your quote "many families raise their kids NOT telling them that one is actually a stepparent" shows exactly what I am talking about!

You may be right in that many families have stepchildren old enough to know and not have to be told, however when a stepparent comes into a baby's life, it is very inaccurate to make such a statement that such baby is NEVER made aware that he/she doesn't have a biological parent (regarding the stepparent).

Further, there is no reason not to disclose this to the stepchild because not disclosing such information could really end up being quite a hassle later for the child. Ever hear of reading between the lines?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm wondering what you can possibly be reading that has led you to think that anyone is advocating a child not being told that their stepparent is, indeed, a stepparent.

Seems to me that you need to do a little less "reading between the lines" and a little more reading what is actually said.

Proserpina

Read it again. And again. And once more until you understand what I actually said.

Seriously - it is NOT rare or uncommon for a stepfamily to lie (be it deliberately or by omission) to the stepchild about the child's parentage.

We see it here all the time.

I suggest you read back (I believe this has been suggested to you by several people, multiple times) through the family law archives.

Read.

Learn.

THEN post.

W

Willlyjo

Read it again. And again. And once more until you understand what I actually said.

Seriously - it is NOT rare or uncommon for a stepfamily to lie (be it deliberately or by omission) to the stepchild about the child's parentage.

We see it here all the time.

I suggest you read back (I believe this has been suggested to you by several people, multiple times) through the family law archives.

Read.

Learn.

THEN post.

Okay ladies...(are you a lady Pro?), I must agree that maybe I took the post a bit out of context. I guess I'm just sensitive to hearing how once in a while a stepchild is raised believing he/she is the real biological son/daughter (which we all agree is wrong).

Your responses are reasonable this time. However, as reasonable as you seem here Proserpina, how could you highjack my post and insert your own words within it making it look like I actually posted it? How could you do that? Let's just try to be reasonable with each other like in this thread okay?

Proserpina

Okay ladies...(are you a lady Pro?), I must agree that maybe I took the post a bit out of context. I guess I'm just sensitive to hearing how once in a while a stepchild is raised believing he/she is the real biological son/daughter (which we all agree is wrong).

Your responses are reasonable this time. However, as reasonable as you seem here Proserpina, how could you highjack my post and insert your own words within it making it look like I actually posted it? How could you do that? Let's just try to be reasonable with each other like in this thread okay?

That's a reasonable suggestion!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">