• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Idea....help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpazmino1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

Here's my problem. I approached a restaurant owner w/ an idea about starting a lounge in the same neighborhood as his restaurant. Basically I needed an investor and thought, instead of competing we could go in business together. He met with me, I laid my plan out. He basically loved my idea, looked me in the eye and said I shouldn't trust people and shouldn't divulge such good ideas without a contract in place. He led me to believe he was very interested and asked me to show him pictures of what the interior would look like and what type of food would be served, etc. So I did, we met several times. I never heard from him again, though I stopped by the restaurant several times and he was too busy to see me (I figured he didn't want to proceed w/ my idea). About 4 months later I hear he has bought a place and is turning it into the exact lounge I proposed (same interior, same type of food (very specific), etc). There was someone present when I first proposed the idea and several people knew I was putting a presentation together. Do I have any legal grounds for a civil suit?

Please help. . . :(

HomeGuru

kpazmino1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

Here's my problem. I approached a restaurant owner w/ an idea about starting a lounge in the same neighborhood as his restaurant. Basically I needed an investor and thought, instead of competing we could go in business together. He met with me, I laid my plan out. He basically loved my idea, looked me in the eye and said I shouldn't trust people and shouldn't divulge such good ideas without a contract in place. He led me to believe he was very interested and asked me to show him pictures of what the interior would look like and what type of food would be served, etc. So I did, we met several times. I never heard from him again, though I stopped by the restaurant several times and he was too busy to see me (I figured he didn't want to proceed w/ my idea). About 4 months later I hear he has bought a place and is turning it into the exact lounge I proposed (same interior, same type of food (very specific), etc). There was someone present when I first proposed the idea and several people knew I was putting a presentation together. Do I have any legal grounds for a civil suit?

Please help. . . :(
**A: you have no grounds.

kpazmino1

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying!

Hey, You Are Guilty, no need to be so nasty, we're not all legal/ business experts, people make mistakes. Please never reply to any of my posts, I need advice not pointless mockery!

ENASNI

Hey

You Are Guilty said:
Holy cow - that sounds just like my idea! I think I'm going to sue you for telling it to the restaurant owner!

Hey it was my idea to post this reply.... :mad:

You Are Guilty

kpazmino1 said:
Thanks for clarifying!

Hey, You Are Guilty, no need to be so nasty, we're not all legal/ business experts, people make mistakes. Please never reply to any of my posts, I need advice not pointless mockery!
I'm terribly sorry. If you direct me to your other posts, rather than risk offending you further, I will strive to ensure that all future mockery is not pointless. Good day to you, ma'am.

kpazmino1

Good luck!

Wow, you all must be miserable little people. Good luck to you all, you will need it. My first mistake was divulging an idea my second was posting on this site.

I have learned my lesson. . .visit an attorney for legal advice. . .don't rely on computer dorks.

My guy is really something, he's sensitive and shy
My guy is such a bumpkin, it doesn't take much to make him cry.
If you hurt someone helpless, it's like taking away all his toys,
He's just a cry baby boy.

My guy is sentimental, he's always feeling blue
He can be so temperamental and I don't know what I should do.
If you step on a little bug he cries all over the floor,
He's just a cry baby bore.

Chorus:

I don't want to hurt his feelings,
But his outbursts have me really
Boo-hoo-hoo-ing all the time,
If I turn out like him, I think I'm gonna cry, baby
La, la, la, la, la, la,
He's such a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.

(Spoken:) And I'll tell you something else

My guy is such a wet noodle, he's always teary-eyed
He acts like a real cock-a-doodle, he can't even tell you why.
If you just play him a sappy song, he acts like his doggie just died,
He's just a cry baby guy.

(Spoken:) No kidding, oh dear

My guy is such a whiner, he's worse than baddie so
A cockroach seen in the diner, and the tears flow out of the blue.
And if I ask him to knock it off, he goes and cries in the can,
He's such a cry baby man.
Madonna

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">