• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Kittens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ps777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My cat had kittens and my brother told me his neighbor wanted two of them so I told him they could have them. So my brother came to my house to pick them up but then we had a huge fight and I told him to forget taking them but he took them anyway when I was in the other room. Would the police help with this? I told him to return them to me but his excuse was I was going to get rid of them anyway (there were 8 cats total in my home and I was only going to keep 2) and that he had text messages saying I already told him his neighbors could have them. I want to call the police but can they help? I told him if he doesn't return them the police will be at his door but the kittens wouldn't be at his place anyway and I don't know what neighbors of his he would of gave them to. Now he is ignoring me.

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My cat had kittens and my brother told me his neighbor wanted two of them so I told him they could have them. So he came to my house to pick them up but then we had a huge fight and I told him to forget taking them but he took them anyway when I was in the other room. Would the police help with this? I told him to return them to me but his excuse was I was going to get rid of them anyway (there were 8 cats total in my home and I was only going to keep 2) and that he had text messages saying I already told him his neighbors could have them. I want to call the police but can they help? I told him if he doesn't return them the police will be at his door but the kittens wouldn't be at his place anyway and I don't know what neighbors of his he would of gave them to. Now he is ignoring me.
I doubt the police will get involved in your kitten dispute. You promised your brother's neighbor that the neighbor could have two of the kittens and the neighbor picked them up. Done deal.

ps777

I doubt the police will get involved in your kitten dispute. You promised your brother's neighbor that the neighbor could have two of the kittens and the neighbor picked them up. Done deal.
His neighbor didn't pick them up he just took them after I said forget it.

quincy

His neighbor didn't pick them up he just took them after I said forget it.
I understood that.

The police are unlikely to get involved in your kitten dispute. You promised two kittens to the neighbor and the neighbor now has two of your kittens. If you failed to give the two kittens to the neighbor, you would have breached your oral agreement.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You'd be better off spending time doing your homework than worrying about this. And you certainly shouldn't be bothering the police. Talk to your mommy and daddy if you're upset, but this is something you need to get over. And talk to your parents about having your cat spayed/neutered. There are enough kittens in the shelter that you shouldn't be allowing your cat to make more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">