• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A store sold my 6 year old a Knife is that legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mafyax

What is the name of your state?kentucky
I don't know if there is a age limit for knife purchases or not if there is no law there should be. I know if I was working in a store and a child tried to buy a knife I would not sell it without a parent there to say it is ok especially at a gas station

You Are Guilty

mafyax said:
I don't know if there is a age limit for knife purchases or not if there is no law there should be. I know if I was working in a store and a child tried to buy a knife I would not sell it without a parent there to say it is ok especially at a gas station
Ok, wait a minute. Why was your 6 year old in a knife store unsupervised? You really just ought to be glad CPS isn't after you before you start looking for ways to sue the store.

I smell a visit from IAAL shortly.

S

seniorjudge

mafyax said:
http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/500-00/080.PDF

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
While one might assume from all the definitions that it is illegal, that section doesn't actually cite the section of law covering the offense.

To YAG,
6 yo children walk to school and little 6 yo boys who want to buy and/or steal things without their parents have always found ways to do so, I don't think this rises ot the level of CPS intervention unless there is more to the story than that, however I think a report to the police would be appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">