• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackunicorn715

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I know this would sound as if it would fit under Internet law, but its more a question about subpoenas. I was being harassed online and got the police involved, as well as had my phone lines traced (I was getting all kinds of crank calls). Well the guilty party has stated outright on a website she's done nothing wrong and that she has called my phone company, internet provider, etc to obtain copies of my records. I know those companies have strict privacy guidelines on releasing account information, they only do so under court order, at least so I am told by their representatives. What I want to know is if this woman DID subpoena my account information from the companies, are the companies obligated to notify me that they are releasing it and to whom?

stephenk

first she would have to file a lawsuit in order to get the subpoenas issued. a notice to consumer would need to be served on you when she requests any info from those providers. the providers may also have in-house requirements to notify you that your records are being requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">