• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue an ex business partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zeppelin414

I need help to sue my ex partner, we started a business in Indiana without a written contract. After getting the business started and running smoothly we had a disagreement. He had me arrested for theft of company wrecker the charges were dropped. I now want to sue him for breach of contract, defamation, illegal arrest and the 20 grand in wages that was never paid to myself, my wife and my son. I need to start filing this asap but I don't have the money to hire an attorney. I have been told I might be able to file an injunction against the company. Can I start this process myself and as I save some money hire one for the trial?

quincy

I need help to sue my ex partner, we started a business in Indiana without a written contract. After getting the business started and running smoothly we had a disagreement. He had me arrested for theft of company wrecker the charges were dropped. I now want to sue him for breach of contract, defamation, illegal arrest and the 20 grand in wages that was never paid to myself, my wife and my son. I need to start filing this asap but I don't have the money to hire an attorney. I have been told I might be able to file an injunction against the company. Can I start this process myself and as I save some money hire one for the trial?
Yes, you can start a lawsuit by yourself but I do not recommend that you do. It is very easy to make mistakes at the beginning of a lawsuit that are hard to recover from later on.

Following for your review are two links to information on being a pro se litigant, though, that you might find helpful.

Pro Se Handbook: http://www.insd.uscourts.gov/sites/insd/files/Pro Se Handbook.pdf

Indiana Self-Service Legal Center: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/selfservice/

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">